Tower for graduation

Talulah26

Hello everyone, so ive been doing some readings for myself regarding a postgraduate course that im starting in September and im continuously pulling the tower and 8 of cups for questions about myself graduating from the course. When I ask about my grades the cards are positive but no graduation? my feeling is these cards are suggesting ill either give up/drop out or something bad will happen forcing me to leave.

Just to add I switched to a new deck after same cards continued to come out, asked the same question shuffled and tower/8 of cups where the first cards I pulled.

Other consistent cards are 10 of cups, 8 of wands, death, king of wands, the fool

I cant make any sense of this reading at all.

My interpretation
----------------------
Tower - Something during my course could potentially go wrong
8 of cups - Ill walk away from the course/career path

-- These cards arent in order, theyre just cards that consistently came out for clarifications.

10 of cups - Something related to family could potentially cause some problems, my family has been unsupportive of me pursuing 3rd level ed in the past so this could cause problems but as this card is very positive I dont see how it could represent a negative. Situation with my family has been very positive lately also so this could potentially be a positive side to my experience, a supportive place to fall back on.

8 of wands - ill receive sudden news or message or ill have to be quite active towards passing the course and sticking it out.

Death - A drastic change that will affect the entire outcome of the situation

King of wands - This card has shown up consistently over the past few months regarding my future so perhaps this is someone on the course either teacher or student who will have a big influence on this outcome.

The fool - Ill have a new start, ill need to go with the flow or perhaps ill feel like a fool for not graduating.

feminine_mystique

The tower could represent a certain event that will stop you from graduating. A death or sickness in the family? It could be as simple as a building malfunction going to happen that day? You could end up graduating but stack it on the day?

It could also indicate that you may want to change your mind halfway and could possess some problems for you?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi Talulah26,

If you believe those 5 repeating cards are relevant to the situation you wish to discuss, then please relate them to the topic instead of just providing general interpretations. Also, you only provided interpretations for 4 of the 5 cards.

Others, please hold off on discussing those 5 cards.

EmceeDirector

It almost says to me that while you are involved in your postgraduate course you could possibly discover that whatever direction you are taking educationally could not be the right direction for you. The tower can be traumatic because it is the crumbling of what we have believed to be the truth. Because it is combined with the 8 of Cups it can mean you walking away from the class for something better or something new.

Thoughts on your other cards:
10 of Cups: Can be an addiction card. Also, because the 9 of cups can represent completion, the 10's can represent excess.
8 of Wands: Fast moving energy. Messages that you might receive.
Death: Physical death of someone? More probable to mean an end to something; perhaps the class or maybe your way of thinking?
King of Wands: Could be a person in your life or could be a creative energy that you have regarding your future.
Fool: New beginnings!

Talulah26

The tower could represent a certain event that will stop you from graduating. A death or sickness in the family? It could be as simple as a building malfunction going to happen that day? You could end up graduating but stack it on the day?

It could also indicate that you may want to change your mind halfway and could possess some problems for you?

Yes it seems like it will be a particular event that will take place, change of mind could be a possibility, it wont lead to my dream career but its a stepping stone for me and will allow me to build experience, its also costing me money and its only 9 months long so dropping out or giving up would be pointless but I might get overwhelmed at times and feel like its too much, I really hope its not any family deaths or illnesses anything would be better than that situation.

Thank you for your help Feminine mystique

headincloud

In 8C we gradually grow discontent with a situation and this is what might happen which will inevitably bring in the the disruption of the tower as you move on.

EmceeDirector

In 8C we gradually grow discontent with a situation and this is what might happen which will inevitably bring in the the disruption of the tower as you move on.

Yes indeed!

Talulah26

It almost says to me that while you are involved in your postgraduate course you could possibly discover that whatever direction you are taking educationally could not be the right direction for you. The tower can be traumatic because it is the crumbling of what we have believed to be the truth. Because it is combined with the 8 of Cups it can mean you walking away from the class for something better or something new.

Thoughts on your other cards:
10 of Cups: Can be an addiction card. Also, because the 9 of cups can represent completion, the 10's can represent excess.
8 of Wands: Fast moving energy. Messages that you might receive.
Death: Physical death of someone? More probable to mean an end to something; perhaps the class or maybe your way of thinking?
King of Wands: Could be a person in your life or could be a creative energy that you have regarding your future.
Fool: New beginnings!

Thanks for this EmceeDirector, youre right I could realise during the course that its not for me but realistically theres no turning back, even if I dont like the course I have to see it through to the end because I spent all my savings on the fees, this course is just a stepping stone for me I can use it to progress to were I want to be so giving up isnt an option.

You mention addiction, ive pulled the devil card a number of times also, I wonder what this could relate too? ive never been addicted to anything. My way of thinking may very well change, id imagine that this is very likely to happen as new experiences usually have a strong effect on my thoughts. Im hopeful that this course will give me new beginnings and positive changes but it doesnt appear to be the case. Potentially the cards are picking up on my own insecurities which ive had allot of lately regarding the course.

Talulah26

This is very possible. I can find it very difficult to motivate myself to do anything, especially when ive got no interest in doing it so potentially I will become fed up with the work load as the course is very intense. Im so disorganised I might find the long hours and endless essays a real pain but ill just have to force myself. This is a really great interpretation of this card, spot on I think. Thanks Headincloud x

EmceeDirector

Thanks for this EmceeDirector, youre right I could realise during the course that its not for me but realistically theres no turning back, even if I dont like the course I have to see it through to the end because I spent all my savings on the fees, this course is just a stepping stone for me I can use it to progress to were I want to be so giving up isnt an option.

You mention addiction, ive pulled the devil card a number of times also, I wonder what this could relate too? ive never been addicted to anything. My way of thinking may very well change, id imagine that this is very likely to happen as new experiences usually have a strong effect on my thoughts. Im hopeful that this course will give me new beginnings and positive changes but it doesnt appear to be the case. Potentially the cards are picking up on my own insecurities which ive had allot of lately regarding the course.

Thanks Talulah! Let's also keep in mind that perhaps the "moving away" that could be denoted by the 8 of cups could simply be mental & emotional and not physical. I definitely wish you the best of luck!!