Your Opening of the Key Experience

RaySusilo

What is your experience from using this method, compared to the usual spreads you use other than this method? I haven't been using this method too much, might as well learn from you. Care to tell your tale?

Reina de Copas

What is your experience from using this method, compared to the usual spreads you use other than this method? I haven't been using this method too much, might as well learn from you. Care to tell your tale?

I've recent returned to Thoth and worked this spread again. I've been focussing on the first two operations but I will feed back when I move on. I do have to sayi had forgotten what an awesome spread it is. I'm loving it!

Fianic

I'm surprised with how little replies there are in this thread.

The OOTK is more or less the only spread I use. It is versatile and can answer virtually any question. It has a high learning curve. Once you get used to it however it is easy as hell.

The only problem I found with it is that sometimes it can be rather long winded. Going on about the same point over and over again. Even with the first operation alone you get more than enough detail to answer your question.

devilkitty

I use it for at least ninety percent of my reading. That said, I've very rarely felt the need to go beyond the first operation. (Yes, I have done the whole thing. On numerous occasions.)

Teheuti

All the examples of actual spreads done by original GD members (other than in Book T) use only the the division into four stacks spread.

Years ago I had a professional reading done by a real master of the whole technique. It was surprisingly quick - at most an hour for the whole thing because she was so attuned with what each stage was about. I learned a lot from that one experience. It's similar to watching someone who really knows how to manipulate the yarrow sticks in I-Ching, where it becomes a kind of fluid dance.

Farzon

I like to use this spread from time to time but only the first operation.
I had very good and very strange readings with it. But with some practice it can be a real eye-opener! Especially when everything comes together in the end.