Heart of Stars - Third edition

LauraKai

I saw one of the cards from this deck on Instagram (Wonder Woman, 9 of Pentacles card) and knew I had to have it! I wasn't sure how I would feel about the mixture of different pop culture characters, but now I've got the full deck in front of me, I love it, and I'm finding it easy to read so far.

Has anyone else got this deck (or one of the earlier editions)? How do you find it?

SharonRA

LauraKai, I just ordered it a few days ago, really looking forward to seeing the cards firsthand. :) How does the cardstock feel? Thom told me it was 310gm, which I'm assuming is the lovely 310 French linen, which is great to shuffle. Isn't the Wonder Woman Nine of Pentacles awesome?!? Love it!

Tarotwolf

Wonder Woman also did it for me, I just ordered a copy of the deck!

SharonRA

Also love Darth Vader as the Death card in the 2nd and 3rd edition. lol It was a good choice, I think. Feeling lucky to grab a copy of the 3rd limited edtion, since it's not a widely known or advertised deck. I believe there were only 100 copies of the 1st edition, 300 of the 2nd, and not sure how many Thom has printed of this new 3rd edition. Can't wait for it to arrive from France!

Tanga

I have a 2nd edition (with a 3rd edition Wonder Woman/9 of Pents added). :)
I love the movie character theme and bought it immediately (there are few decks that I buy as-soon-as I've seen them. Usually I ruminate a while, on whether I should get it or not).
I think it's a wonderfully emotive deck (If you're into the movies and like the ones that are portrayed in it.).
I love the impressionist-like style artwork too.

I have not read with it yet (for anyone else) - and figure this will take me quite a while...
the reason being I'm not familiar with all the characters contained in the deck (haven't watched them all), so there are some gaps in my connections when I look at the cards.
At some point I'll run through all the movies represented which I'm not familiar with.

:)

CharlotteK

I came across this one today online and I really like the look of it. For those of you that have it, how are you finding it? Do you read with it?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

LauraKai

LauraKai, I just ordered it a few days ago, really looking forward to seeing the cards firsthand. :) How does the cardstock feel? Thom told me it was 310gm, which I'm assuming is the lovely 310 French linen, which is great to shuffle. Isn't the Wonder Woman Nine of Pentacles awesome?!? Love it!

Hi SharanRA, sorry I missed your reply! I hope your copy has arrived and that you're enjoying it :) I love Darth Vader as Death as well. I really like the cardstock, it shuffles very smoothly. It was lovely straight out of the box! How are you finding it?

LauraKai

I have not read with it yet (for anyone else) - and figure this will take me quite a while...
the reason being I'm not familiar with all the characters contained in the deck (haven't watched them all), so there are some gaps in my connections when I look at the cards.
At some point I'll run through all the movies represented which I'm not familiar with.

:)

I haven't yet used it for readings for anyone else either - for the same reason as you mention, Tanga :) I'm really enjoying using it personally, and am getting up to speed with the characters in some of the cards, so I can better understand how they fit into the card's message. The ones that I already know and love really help the cards come alive.

LauraKai

I came across this one today online and I really like the look of it. For those of you that have it, how are you finding it? Do you read with it?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I really enjoy using this one, especially as there are so many characters in there that I'm already familiar with, to one degree or another. It really adds a new layer of interest - for the characters I know, I already understand their story and how they fit into the card's meaning. And for those I don't, I'm intrigued to learn more about their character and story.

As Tanga mentions, I'm currently using the deck for personal readings, rather than readings for others. The reason for that is that I'm still having fun getting to know the characters that I'm less familiar with (there is an ebook available for free on the Heart of Stars Tarot website which details each character and explains their story in relation to the card). I've found the readings I have done with it to be right on the mark.

Overall, I love that the deck's been well thought out by someone familiar with the Arcana and is enjoyable to read with too.

willowy

Does anyone have the 3rd edition ?Because it says online that two cards were changed for the third edition,the darth vader death card and the jon snow one.Does anyone know if they are still included in this deck cause they are the two I liked the looks of the most and may cancel my order if they're not in 3rd edition.