The Tarot School Correspondence Course - Questions

tarotcognito

I was just about to sign up for it as well, but changed my mind when I noticed that at the checkout screen, you are required to provide your password to your email address.

I don't have a problem giving my email address. My password, however, is an entirely different matter.

Nickigirl

I don't remember giving out my email address's password. Not sure what that's about. Maybe you do have to, but as far as I thought, you just have to sign in with your email and the Tarot School password that you created when you signed up. Not sure you have to make a Tarot School account, but I wanted to.

tarotcognito

It's entirely possible I misunderstood the password thing, thinking it meant my email address password. Maybe it meant that I was asked to create a password for the course, I don't know. It's just that on any website where I was asked to create a password, it explicitly stated something to the effect of "create password."

Anyway, I don't want to rule it out entirely, but I'm still feeling twitchy about it. I'm going to sleep on it and think about it some more. :)

Original Destiny

When I first found the Tarot, 40 years ago there weren't any courses so I cannot comment on anything currently on offer. But I recently took an on line Art History course and found the form of structured learning helpful. It gave me good insight into art history and "held my hand" throughout the course. I really enjoyed the experience and learned a lot plus I got a Diploma at the end of it.
Good luck with your studies
John

Nickigirl

Thanks John,
I've finished my first read-through of Lesson 1, and it is so packed full of meanings for the numbers, suits, esoteric meanings, GD info, and all kinds of everything! I'm sure, as others have mentioned, that you can pick up a lot of this stuff by reading other books and learning online. But this is all in one place, and ties a lot of stuff together. It really suits my style of learning.
Plus, if I added together the prices of all the costs of the books that I've bought so far, trying to learn "on my own", it is likely more than the cost of these course materials. I'm sure that the one-on-one coaching would be incredibly useful too, but my finances can't cover that just now. :)

Lotus_blossom

Think that college is an American Institution based in New York ?

I'm doing a distance learning course with BSY group (based in the UK) at the moment and its far better value for money

I know Michele Knight mentions that site in her online videos so can't be all that bad but they may be expensive though

~Blessed be~

mac22

http://www.tarotschool.com/Course.html

Has anyone here taken this course?
Did it cover the vast magnitude of tarot learning that it indicates it does?
Did you do the degree or just buy the course materials?
Did the coaching make a big difference to you?
Does the material cover a lot of Golden Dawn info or just the Rider-Waite-Smith deck?
Did the material help you in your studies of other decks as well (particularly the Thoth)?
Is there a Thoth course if this magnitude?

Thanks for any help you can give. I'm a life-long student and this looks really intriguing to me!!! I'd love to hear first hand accounts of your experiences!

Nicki

I took the course several years ago.....I found it very useful. Ruth & Wald were very helpful and knowledgeable. At the time Wald suggested a RWS clone ...so that's what I used. Of course the course does take time & work on your part. I find you get out of these courses what you time, effort, thinking and journaling you put into your work.

The School has courses on basic GD symbolism. Thoth is a whole other thing. :)

Mac22