SG--Crystals, Gems: Rose Quartz

Strega

A soothing and nurturing stone... enhances love on many levels (in ourselves and in others)... helps with self-esteem... helps deal with stress and difficult situations... also increases fertility. :)

blackthorn

I love the rose quartz. When my daughter was born I had a charm made for her with a rose quartz and tigers eye. she brings it with her when she goes to her dads in NC. She says it makes her feel as though she is home. Safe and loved!!!

DarkElectric

I love Rose Quartz. We have a pet supply store which sells HUGE chunks of it for something like 5 cents per Lb. As well as snowflake Obsidian, and glassy Selenite. They sell it as aquarium decoration. I, however, am so happy to find a source of some of my favourite minerals without having to pay outrageous new age store prices!

This stone makes me feel warm, and happy. When I hold a chunk of it, my mood improves, if I'm sort of down, and if I'm happy already, I get giddy. I also feel that everything will be ok, it's energy seems to evaporate worries and fears.

jade

hmm, i never even realized that i never see this in 'pointed' form.

i do love this stone though. (the stone of love after all heehee)

i have a thing for balls and i would love to get one in rose quartz as well.

i find that, for me, this stone represents...........

sharing emotions in a pure and honest way.
support
guidance
and nurturing.

jade

osami2717

I, too, love Rose Quartz and I'm not usually a 'pink' kind of person.

I keep it in the marriage center of my bedroom/house [double strength feng shui!!] on a small table along with pictures of my boyfriend.

I also carry it and other stones in a variety of small pouches moonstone [weight loss] jade [good luck] rose quartz [self-love] and some clear quartz [amplifier], to name one of many.

I love putting my hand in my pocket when I'm feeling anxious and feeling the stones snug in their pouches, warmed by my body heat. I always feel somehow comforted. :D

Pollux

Harmony, Gentleness, Self-Esteem...

In my random notes, I also see this Stone is associated with the TEMPERANCE arcanum.
The countries in which Rose quartz is more easily found are Madagascar, Brasil and India.
An Indian legend tells that this Gem was born from a rose given as a gift by a man to his lover. When their relationship ended tragically, because of their parents disapprovation, the flower turned into a stone.
It is also indicated for cramps and other cardio-vascular imperfections, and pains caused by the liver (Venus).

I also hear that the pink will be lost if the stone is exposed to light and UV rays. What are your experiences with this? I have a small, tiny rose quarts sphere - it is REALLY small, can be wrapped by my thumb and index finger... :) I have put it to sunlight many times, and the colour never faded, or at least I never realised that. :confused:

Sea Sprite

I have a really small piece of Rose Quartz in my jewelry box. :)

DarkElectric

I just had to tell ya...
I saw a huge chunk of rose quartz in a New Age shop today for...$80.00. It was not as large as the chunk I got at the pet supply store for...4 bucks. I hereby invoke the wisdom of P.T.Barnum...

Pollux

why am I so pennyless, and stones are so expensive!

UFF! If I had a shoulder now I would cry so much!!!

Yesterday I went to my fav store (www.surja.it).
The store is great cos there are all sorts of pendants, earrings and jewellery with almost any stone on earth. And of course NO GOLD! :D *LOL* Just silver, or platinum, or white gold but only rarely *LOL* Anyway, they also have this great and nice things like statues of crystal - Buddhas, elephants, eggs...
But or the raw stone, the situation is quite critical... they have small stones, and pyramids, and chunks, but such beautiful and expensive ones!!! *LOL*

The chunks are OFF LIMIT for me (LOL). There was a very nice one, shaped like a pyramid with the verte cut off. But it was SO EXPENSIVE! :'(
But I know I'll get one sooner or later. I love the feeling they have, there's such a subtle sweet feeling when one is close by...
I wrote it down on my Xmas/Yule List. Big chunk of Rose Quartz.

The Pyramids are something you will have nightmares about. There is none costing less than (quickly calculates) 85 USD. There was this gorgeous Pyramid of Amethyst and Citrin Quarts... And Another even more beautiful one of Citrin and Rose Quarts!!! *drools* No, no, no pyramid of Rose quartz. Too expensive... but only cos I didn't have all the money with me! *LOL*

So I had to take a small stone, and I am happy I did. I needed to do a gift, and that one's just great. The pink shade is extremely warm and stronger, and it's shape is perfect for keeping it in your hands! *LOL*

I really love that stone, and I think I'll have to add a small stone and a chunk to my smallish Rose Quartz Ball.

I think it's also the fault of the stone: it's the stone of beauty, and love... You gotta love it! *LOL*

ladycj

I always feel kind of warm and squishy inside when I pick up a rose quartz. Like a I've just recieved a cosmic hug. LOL