Bohemian Gothic - Six of Wands

Master_Margarita

This card was my daily draw today, and there's no thread about it!

This is a very--disciplined--card visually. It is almost entirely shades of blue and silver, with only the following touches of red: blood on the lance, the horse's saddle blanket, and what looks like a cape of some sort of the right-hand armored skeleton (and perhaps on the left-hand armored skeleton).

This army's lances are held straight up, and at ease, so our protagonist and his five uncanny companions are apparently leaving a castle he has just conquered (the blood on his lance looks fresh, although the tips of the other lances are black), i.e. a castle that was not originally his. Of note, the gargoyle directly above him (the companion book points this out) depicts a witch on a broomstick.

Does this card means that brute force can defeat subtle and otherworldly forces? Or might there be later...repercussions...to this warrior for apparently capturing this castle? The knight here is calm and confident, and his armor is mirror-smooth, but I detect a hint of nervousness in the set of his horse's head.

:heart: M_M~

Thirteen

Witches' Revenge?

Master_Margarita said:
This card was my daily draw today, and there's no thread about it!
Well, there is but it's a comparison with the Knight/Cups. And, um, you're the one who posted that thread ;)

I originally thought the conqueror was riding into the defeated castle, claiming his prize. But I now think he's riding out to win another battle. Enlarging the image and looking at the details, he and all his army seem to be carrying not lances but sticks (wands). The tops of the sticks are all burned black, and only his has the stains of blood--and I assume it's old not fresh. The man's army is a bunch of skeletons. Might this be an army of burned witches marching out for revenge? The wands are too long to be broomsticks--but might they have been burned in the same fires as the witches? :D That's be cool!

Traditional meanings of this card are about growth through adversity leading to victory and triumph well earned. That would fit with a witch's army, the persecuted and the dead returned, transformed, and kicking ass (no more nice little old ladies with black cats!). The image here actually does homage to the RW 6/Wands where we see all sorts of wands surrounding the victor, and it feels to me like it covers the meaning of "expectation crowned with ...hope"--meaning expecting to be victorious (again?).
Does this card means that brute force can defeat subtle and otherworldly forces?
But his army is supernatural, and I really do think he's marching that force out of the witch's castle, which I take to be his home fort. So it's brute supernatural force can return and defeat the earthly brute force that originally tried to eradicate it. As with the usual meaning of the card, it's not just the warrior's victory either. He is the champion of his people; there is a harmony between him and those he fights for. I'd read this card as saying that though the other side thought they'd won, they're in for a nasty surprise. They only transformed their "victims" (?) into a dangerous and this time victorious power.

Master_Margarita

Thirteen said:
Well, there is but it's a comparison with the Knight/Cups. And, um, you're the one who posted that thread ;)
:) Yeah, I remember starting that thread, but the Six of Wands was getting ticked off that he didn't have a thread of his very own. I figure he isn't a guy to have ticked off at one.

:heart: M_M~