2. Beginner's Kabbalah: The Court Cards

Owl Tarot

Great info for starters regarding a nice way to approach the Court cards, which seem for some reason to confuse people really much for a good reason. Nice thread closrapexa! I think this can help all who still search how to approach the Court cards. One nice exercise -except the ones you mentioned, which are great- I find extremely interesting to do is to try and find which Court card a close person reminds you of and why.

Cacia

What is easy to answer, it'll be about practical work with the Majors. When, on the other hand... is a far more difficult question. :)

My GOSH"" now I am understand why someone told me the water-fire queen of wands, THANKS this is so informative and well explain that now my view of the cards has open more.

Zephyros

Just an update, after many deliberations, I decided finally that the best way for me to learn this stuff is to write it down directly on the card. I tried to make it as unobtrusive as possible, and in many of the cards, especially the darker ones, the symbols can hardly be seen. It is very useful, I wrote down the decans and corresponding pips.

https://fbcdn-photos-d-a.akamaihd.n..._=1425866419_ec8df46fa75d6ea74bd7e7a9d37eb51e

Cacia

This is a great idea, I will try it too thank you, I have a hard time with the court cards.

Spiffo

Quite simply, the best explanation of the Courts I've ever read. Thank you.

Rose Lalonde

I was posting about this as a resource in another thread, and realized I hadn't commented here. I found both of your intro posts recently, and they've been very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to write this out.

Zephyros

If anyone is interested I have revised and updated the section on the Court cards and astrology and posted it in its own thread. I've added an explanation of the influences of the planets, discussed the Princesses and a few other things.

The new thread can be found here:

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=257054