When a court card shows up as *you* in the reading

@barleywine and @grizabella thanks for the feedback! I like seeing how you both approach the cards.

@barleywine I haven’t heard of Elemental Dignities, so I’ll look into that. I agree, context often comes into play on interpreting the cards.

@grizabella I have heard of QP being the ‘other woman’, although maybe I’ve heard this about each of the court cards. I’ve sometimes seen a third woman as the Queen of Wands in readings. Also, I think I've heard this about the Empress, too.

@nisaba I definitely see your point as well, since each court card has distinctive qualities. Maybe the cards are saying, “Just be yourself.” Haha. ;) But yes, they are pointing more to QP qualities than, say, the dreamy Queen of Cups. Thanks!

SunChariot

I was just wondering if anyone has input about when you see yourself pop up in a reading. I most commonly show up as the Queen of Pentacles, my zodiac sign. It kind of annoys me because I'm thinking, "Yes, I know I'm a part of this situation, but my influence has already run it's course." I'm not sure if the cards are trying to more prominently point out how a situation will affect me, or if showing me in a reading is just a 'filler card' for a specific position.

The most recent example I can think of is if I'm asking when/if I will hear from someone. My court card will pop up, even though I have no intention of initiating contact. Perhaps that means they will come to me? Or we will only communicate if I do something about it?

I'd love to hear other's experiences.
Do you mean in a reading you are doing for yourself. Or in a reading that you do for someone else?

In a reading for myself, the Court cards will ALWAYS represent me (or the querent in a reading for someone else). Court don't represent actual people to me. They are aspects of the querent that show them the best path for where they are now.

So if a Court showed up in a reading about myself, it would be normal that it represented me. IF a Court came up in a reading for a querent I would take it that the cards are answering the question I asked. And that would not be about me. So that would mean that in this particular instance that card would not be representing me, even if it usually does to me.

The card that DOES represent me, in my mind, is The Empress. Both because it is my Soul Card AND because to me it just represents the reader as he/she digs below the surface of things to reach the answers. That card often represents me in readings. But if it came up in a reading for someone else, I would ignore that and take it as it's face value meaning for them.

I personally believe that the cards will always answer the question you asked quite literally. And that if the question was not about you, then the answer will not be about you. It is about the querent only. That said sometimes if the cards want to give me a message for myself when I am doing a reading, one card (or two) will stick in the box or pouch when I take the cards out to read.

Then affter the reading is done, and I go to put the cards back....I find those cards. THAT I take as a personal message for me. The cards stayed apart as they have something unique to tell me, apart for the reading. So if my Empress would show up there, then I would understand it was a message for me.

If it shows up IN a readingi for someone else, then it does not have anything to do with me. Even if 90T% of the other times it does...this time it doesn't.

Although timing questions are funny for me. I don't generally do them as I believe the timing of something can so easily change by anything we think or do differently after the reading is done. But one thought is that that literally IS your answer. For the question WHEN something will happen. The answer may just be that it depends on you. When or if it will happen may depend on your energy. Your thoughts, beliefs, actions. The answer could be that it depends on you. Certain thoughts you choose would leave to different outcomes than others. Since your thoughts are not predetermined and you are free to choose the ones you want to, different outcomes could still occur. Depending on which you choose. I'd say that likely yes, it means if you do something about it (even something so little as change your thoughts, feelings or beliefs) that will change the outcome.

That is my take on it,

Babs

Pandora8

The most recent example I can think of is if I'm asking when/if I will hear from someone. My court card will pop up, even though I have no intention of initiating contact. Perhaps that means they will come to me? Or we will only communicate if I do something about it?

I'd love to hear other's experiences.

In this particular situation I would read it as the other woman.
But it all depends on how you read the cards. I usually see the Courts as actual people.

@sunchariot I do mean in a reading related to myself. I guess in those recent readings, I was expecting to see more about another person and was surprised when “I” popped up (it’s hard to explain without going into a ton of details). You bring up some really good points about changing thoughts and perspectives, which can influence an outcome. Perhaps when I don’t think I have any further influence on a situation, the cards are showing me in the reading to say, “Yes, you do if you choose it!” Thanks, Babs.

@pandora8 I’m not aware of another woman, but the cards could be showing someone else.