The Tower Card

SerpentaAzothi

Hi, I noticed in the eye in the tower card, is actually a sun. If you glance at first its an eye, but look closer, its very apparent, was wondering if anyone noticed that? Also I noticed the building in the card thats being destroyed is being crushed with a hand, It alludes to hermit card, since yod is the hand. Yod is king, suit of fire. So then got me thinking the tower equates to the king of wands. To me the tower represents war, the very war the world plunges itself into, in various instances. Do you think this was foretelling the current crisis were in, and thus the very act of 911? Anyone have any comments? Looking forward to it.

Serpenta

Lillie

I believe the deck was being created in England during the second world war. During the period of the blitz.
So I imagine that war, the idea of war and everything to do with war was very much in their minds as the sirens went off and the bombs rained down around them.

Edge

SerpentaAzothi said:
Do you think this was foretelling the current crisis were in, and thus the very act of 911?

Yea, I see the sun alright, pretty cool, regarding a hand...um maybe I should look deeper. The Tower is a welcome card with many lessons. Every time we "think" we have it figured out the gods destroy our arrogant notions to bits and once again we abandon our tower of security. Just a few of my impressions anyways. :)

Regarding the current crisis you alluded to, I wouldn't say the Tower foretold any event such as the one you referred to but once again just when we THINK we know what truth is..... (The sheeple won't follow this thought) the power of Divine truth destroys our tower of so called beliefs.

Abrac

SerpentaAzothi said:
Also I noticed the building in the card thats being destroyed is being crushed with a hand
I've always wondered what that gigantic thing was that seems to be dealing a death blow to the "tower" from behind. An iron fist?

SerpentaAzothi

Hi Edge, you make sense. :) Thanks for the comments, I also thought maybe the tower card was also a vechicle for war, in its many forms, destruction etc... If you have the big thoth cards as I do, as Abrac said looks like an iron fist, iron is mars too. Can see the hand crushing the tower. Anyway thanks.

Serpenta

Edge

Yes, I do in fact have the large Thoth. To me it almost appears a massive arm is wrapping around that tower as if crushing it to bits. :)

SerpentaAzothi

Cool glad you saw it too. Also something I have noticed is the sun is in every major card, either hidden or apparent, some so hidden you wouldnt think it was there. Look in the empress card, two suns, invisible. Eh? Well not invisible to the eye, just transparent. Just something I noticed.

Serpenta

Parzival

the Tower Card

Edge said:
.... The Tower is a welcome card with many lessons. Every time we "think" we have it figured out the gods destroy our arrogant notions to bits and once again we abandon our tower of security. Just a few of my impressions anyways. :)

Regarding the current crisis you alluded to, I wouldn't say the Tower foretold any event such as the one you referred to but once again just when we THINK we know what truth is..... (The sheeple won't follow this thought) the power of Divine truth destroys our tower of so called beliefs.

Straight to the point of the message. The destruction of our tiny tower of truth lets the Sun shine in and through. No ism, no fanaticism, no narrow known, no defied unknown will stand. What a curse if we were to remain in a paralyzed perspective of Reality. Better to be blasted out of it.
I wonder about the dove and the serpent left and right of the Great Eye. It makes a visual trinity that is trying to say something....

SerpentaAzothi

Hi Frank, yes I see that too,

"I wonder about the dove and the serpent left and right of the Great Eye. It makes a visual trinity that is trying to say something...."

The empress, The Sun, Lust, Interesting.

Serpenta

ravenest

Sorry, absolutly nothing to do with 9/11.
If we are going to think like that, we could say it all has to do with that event in 2008, which will be much more significant.

I think it is more like this; we are ground creatures, hence a high outlook is a novelty. To be able to construct a high tower, bulding, fort, etc gives us a sense of accomplishment and triumph. The Tower Card also represents our self-images, particularly false ones.

When the tower is destroyed, we dont like it, it's like a type of evil mythology.
We dont like to have our false images destroyed, nor do we like the 'enemy' to destroy the towers we build.

The image of a plane crashing into and destroying one of these great towers of western civilisation is therefore very emotive and we are wont to relate it to all sorts of archetypal and mythological patterns as it resonates in the same form.