Prince of Wands

The Great Magus

need a clear, cut definition for this one. This card always shows up as the conclusion or final outcome when i talk about a girl i'm interested in starting back up a relationship, sometimes it is upright other times it's reverse.

I reliaze reversals aren't use in the thoth deck but still lost on how relationships and the prince of wands come into play.

sweet_intuition

Is she a leo (or born during the last few days of cancer)? Or perhaps another fire sign, or has a heavy fire placement in her natal chart?

The Great Magus

she was born in september so she either be a libra or a virgo. Not really boned up on the tarot and astrology connection, it never interest me on that aspect.

but..if anything has the "fire" in them..that would be me, i'm an aries.

temperlyne

The prince of wands rides his chariot naked as if there is nothing he needs to hide. In all openness he rides out to see new things, prepared to accept everything that he encounters. He is ready for love and his passion thrusts him forward.
Could this card indicate that you are ready to welcome this love back into your arms? You have matured, know what you want and are not ashamed of your passions.

sweet_intuition

The Great Magus said:
she was born in september so she either be a libra or a virgo. Not really boned up on the tarot and astrology connection, it never interest me on that aspect.

but..if anything has the "fire" in them..that would be me, i'm an aries.

Hmm... interesting

Well, if the card is significant of her, then it's probably outlining a fiery aspect of her natal chart.

Or as you say, perhaps it's symbolizing you yourself (as you're an Aries, the cardinal fire sign).

Now, I'm not sure about what kind of relationship the two of you had, however, on the aspect of getting back together, the Prince of Wands coming puts quite an interesting spin to it in the Outcome/Conclusion point (depending on the spread and the other cards ofcourse).

One way of looking at it is that there would be numerous struggles in the long run, but as time passes by, everything works out for the best. Another way of seeing it is that this is would be a passion filled affair, yet there would be a sense of intellectual stimulation as well (remember, this is "the air of fire"... the Vau of Yod).

Howeverwhich way you choose to look at it, one thing clear, is that both of you need to put aside issues involving your ego's (aries' whole alpha male thing going on... virgo/libra's whole perfectionistic everything should go this way thing). The main message of the card is learning how to compromise your selfish self-gratifying sides and learn to blossom in love. Be lavish with eachother in regards to affection, and learn to trust your intuition as well as trust her (and she trust you). When such trust is acheived, such can be a powerful bond that would keep the two of you together, side by side, ready and willing to take on every challenge and obstacle alongst your path.

Plus, on a sexual level, this is a card which in a way guarantees blissful experiences once willing to open yourself to eachother and explore every desire ;)

Hope this helps.

:)

The Great Magus

yes, you helped quite nicely. thank you.

mooiedragon

temperlyne said:
The prince of wands rides his chariot naked as if there is nothing he needs to hide. In all openness he rides out to see new things, prepared to accept everything that he encounters. He is ready for love and his passion thrusts him forward.

Wow! That cleared up a LOT for me! Like the Magus, I had also been pulling this card with respects to a relationship. That describes this man to a tee!

Magus: The cards rarely have a clear - cut definition, it's got to be part intuition. I find that the more aspects of a card I understand, the clearer I can make a reading if the connection is there.

However, my take on the card since the PoW represents the airy quality of fire is that it could represent the culmination of the two of you. You as the fire sign and her as the air (assuming she's a libra). One feeds the other!

When it appears in a spread I have seen it represent a new phase or a challenge. It can mean determination, willfulness, forcefullness, movement. The Prince is inspired, he represents possibilites if he steers into the right conditions he can inspire those who are near him. Otherwise, he just burns out.

ravenest

Check out what is on the Prince's chest, could be a hint there for you.

mooiedragon

Funny that this I pulled this as my daily card today.

Ravenest, you clever, mysterious bird.... what IS that thing on his chest. I'm sure as a reader of Thoth I should know, but.... well, I don't. I think I need another hint.

Aeon418

It's one version of the Mark of the Beast. :grin: