thoth study or intuition????

Muir Aingeal

I don't think I have ever had a deck that gave such consistant accurate readings like the Thoth! It is really amazing! but I'm still trying to figure out what is behind this deck to make to make it work so well!

It's my #1 trusted deck at the moment.

Baroli

Gregory said:
But the cards themselves have so much to say, I have my work cut out already !

True words indeed!! I just picked up the Thoth. This is all because of doing an interpretation of a reading that was posted here at AT. The cards when looked at jumped out and were shouting so much at me, I could not resist the lure of them and to interpret what I was hearing from them. It turns out I was pretty much right on. I did that without reading the book of thoth, or Uncle Al's biography. That is not to say I never want to read them. I do, and will get around to doing that eventually.

Some people make a study of a deck without the use of what is already out there for interpretation because perhaps they may not wish to have their own slanted. I can understand that. Others may need the tried and true as a basis for their journey of learning and that's cool too. I don't think there is one way of looking and learning to read with any deck. I may be going out on a limb here (quick stop that person from cutting the limb at the base, :D), but maybe Crowley wanted folks to use his deck to expand their intuitive thought processes. He also provided a map if you will with Book of Thoth for those who like a somewhat clear pathway through the mysticism, (which to me is very cool).

Long and short of it, and I believe I may be speaking for the loyal opposition is that there is no one true path to understanding Crowley. You can try to understand him by using his deck and letting it speak to you,.....or you can also understand him by reading and learning with the books that he has written. And there may be yet another way which we haven't explored yet. As to which is the right way? I don't know,......I guess it is up to the individual what works for them.

Just my opinion y'all.

Baroli

Aeon418

Baroli said:
You can try to understand him by using his deck and letting it speak to you,.....or you can also understand him by reading and learning with the books that he has written.
Why does it have to be an either/or question? Study and intuition are not mortal enemies. Just like the masculine (rational) and the feminine (intuitive) are not enemies. They are merely different forms of one thing and complementary opposites. Get them to work together and they are pure magic and can lead to something much greater than either alone.

Solve et Coagula. Atu VI + XIV. ;)

Lillie

I always felt that it was best to use both.

If you go by the book meaning (study) you find that there are so many possible things the card can mean and you have to choose which one ifs the right one, and that's the intuition.

Baroli

You know dude, I just basically said the same thing rather flowery, but I did.

Lillie, couldn't agree with you more.

Baroli

Alta

The posts are getting increasingly personal and directed, meaning off topic and creating a hostile environment.

Please stick with the topic without trying to discredit the stance of others.

Some posts have been removed as they were off topic.

Marion
Moderator, Thoth

ravenest

Marion said:
The posts are getting increasingly personal and directed, meaning off topic and creating a hostile environment.

Please stick with the topic without trying to discredit the stance of others.

Some posts have been removed as they were off topic.

Marion
Moderator, Thoth

I just made a LONG post about all this (the subject matter) and got told I cant post in Thoth forum on the study or intuition thread (for a variety of reasons, non which seem applicable to me - ???) Huh, what happened, is this thread closed?

ravenest

Quack!!!

Obviously not. That was wierd. Am I being automatically censored?

My post was on the topic, and not nasty or derogatory to anyone ... nor smart ars**ey, nor a leg-pull (for a change) ... just that one post out of the blue??? .... ahhh I cant be bothered typing all of that again. :(

Barbaras Ahajusts

edited...
I perfer to use both intuitive and book, but I don't shove it rudely down others throats.

Thank you Marion,
Barb

Alta

ravenest, It seems likely to me that you were trying to post while I was moving the thread and the software couldn't allow it at that instant. You may indeed post to this and/or the Forum itself.

Barbaras Ahajusts, sorry I missed that one.

Marion