Jail?

YDM42

She's right- Justice and maybe even Judgement.

I guess that is why posting the thread is more relevant that individual card meanings?

WalesWoman

The card that might indicate Jail or not, might be in direct relation to the card that represents a good lawyer.

I don't think I'd rely on Tarot to determine that question and what cards were drawn for this?

aquanesha

The Hanged Man said:
What cards did turn up?

i didn't write them down but remember the 3 of swords

Sophie

8 of Swords
4 of Pentacles/coins
Justice
Emperor - as the representative of authority.
The Devil, of course - two people are actually attached in that card.

Tower would be release from jail or any kind of confinement (the people are thrown out of the dungeon). Tower rx therefore could mean still in jail - but I wouldn't see it as going to jail so much as staying there.

The Hanged Man

Justice wouldn't show a person going to jail if the person was wrongly convicted however, unless it was reversed. Judgement for the passing of a sentence.

caridwen

The card that might indicate Jail or not, might be in direct relation to the card that represents a good lawyer.

I would say a lawyer would be represented by the King of Swords.

Sophie

There is also the Hanged Man, which on one level - the most basic - represents a punishment. It doesn't indicate if the punishment is merited or no, but if we are looking at that kind of question, the stasis in which the Hanged Man finds himself might indicate going to jail. And of course, hanging people upside down used to be a regular punishment.

rachelcat

Hermit for isolation from family and friends. And a chance to soul-search to figure out why you did whatever you did to get sent to jail.

darkiscross

While the Eight of Swords represents imprisonment, it's a self-inflicted imprisonment. Quite different from a jail scenario as the actual person do usually choose to go to jail. I think the Ten of Swords is better.

Ten of Swords - Represents a jail. The guy in the picture has crossed a line, and so, he is punished for it. In the card, the poor guy is pinned down by so many swords he can't move. A fair representation of a scenario which can be likened to the trapped feeling of being put behind bars. To lose your freedom and to be unable to go anywhere you like to go.

In theory, Ten of Swords reversed would mean regaining his freedom.