The Primary Deck Reflections 2009 Sign-up & Discussion Thread

epvitale

souljourney said:
So I like the idea of a blog and people can comment there. I guess I'm wondering if anyone really will bother to go off-site and do all that?

I don't know if I would unless it's someone I "know" or they are using a deck I find particularly interesting. I just don't have enough time to do more.

I have already bookmarked in a special folders all the offsite blogs. And have found that my offsite blog is being followed by several participating in the PDR exercise.

Gary

Onyx

souljourney said:
So I like the idea of a blog and people can comment there. I guess I'm wondering if anyone really will bother to go off-site and do all that?

I don't know if I would unless it's someone I "know" or they are using a deck I find particularly interesting. I just don't have enough time to do more.

While I understand about the desire to keep this Aeclectic exercise in the Aeclectic domain, my desire to set up a tarot blog is part of the reason I liked this idea. I don't think that I will be doing a lot of spreads as part of my PDR. I have found that my Liber T while awesome with others almost sees the mindless and over examining foolish or maybe just tedious. So I don't know what my blog is going to evolve into but I want to write in it every week.

In a realistic sense, I have never been one to think that anyone would find my thoughtful ramblings on the Tarot that intersting anyway. If ya'll wanted to come by and read my blog, God bless man 'cause it is my blog and I can barely make it through. I will be following other blogs, as blogspot.com allows us to follow other blogs pretty easily. I have already started to follow some other PDR blogs.

If this exercise to bear the type of results I want/need from it I have to be focused more on the journal, examination, reflection aspect rather than the feedback. I joined this thread more in a sense of accountability. I have said I am going to do it here, to others and that helps me get motivated.

I do love the idea of working with the deck in studious manner and then posting those to the existing Liber T study thread. I have had a couple of initial ideas that I want to try out and see if they work. I will be putting those on my blog first and then possibly putting them in a thread here.

The value I see of this group/thread is in mid-June when I am out of ideas I can examine other blogs, threads, and come to the thread and ask for ideas on what to do next.

I am excited about so many of us looking at fewer decks and working on the reflection aspects of the tarot, individually but as a group.

Onyx.

souljourney

Ok.. I set up a blog...

I personally would like feedback. I love the interaction, etc. Either leave it there or PM me.

Thanks.

ETA: Fixed link to blog...

faunabay

souljourney said:
Ok.. I set up a blog...

I personally would like feedback. I love the interaction, etc. Either leave it there or PM me.

Thanks.
I just went to see your blog page and it told me "page cannot be displayed". Just so you know. :)

Now with my blog in yahoo it doesn't look like I can have "followers" but can have "friends". What does this all mean? (sorry, but coming from a blogger newbie)

faunabay

firefrost said:
I've been to your blog :) very nice!
Thank you. :) I probably shouldn't have the picture I do as it's one from an artist I just liked. (shrug) But once I get a newer picture of myself I'll put that up.

Jyscal

Your right. I forgot about that my post is quote number 87.

NorthernTigress

Just finished a new blog entry. Mentioned some of my Reading Exchanges, but nothing specific.

Gazel

I've just made my first and second PDR blog entries, and posted the reading in Your Readings Forum.

I think blogging (and reading your people's blogs too) is really fun, but it takes a Hell of a time because of the image handling and stuff like that. Luckily I got permission to use the images by a very kind mr. Place.

The time consuming is the biggest problem with this, I think, and that may be what causes real trouble when I start working again in a month. Then I might have to throttle down my expectations and ambitions. On the other hand - if I can find the time, I think it will be a fun and giving exercise.

souljourney

Fixed blog link... :D

faunabay

OK, this is annoying!!! To the extreme!!! :mad: :mad:

I've just tried to enter my second blog entry and it disappeared both times!! :bugeyed: I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or what I haven't done, but I'm PO'd right now!!!

I just clicked on post a blog entry and did my thing but when I hit the post to blog key it took me to a page like I didn't have a blog at all! :mad: The first time I wanted to see how it would look with the picture so I hit preveiw and it worked fine. So I hit edit to finish typing what I'd started and when I hit post to blog it didn't work that time!!

I've just typed it twice now and am not ready to try again. So I'll wait until later.

Maybe I'll just go start another blog at the site you and some others have KK. (said steaming mad)