"Red" Rider Waite!!???

Cerulean

Well, I have not been so lucky as the myriads...

who have been rushing to gain such knowledge and treasures... (insert).

But I know I have had such fun looking for and thinking about these quirky decks, I must be jealous of you lucky, lucky de Laurence owners!

I'm not certain of other AT members are tripping over themselves to to gain the odd de Laurance, but it's historical interest and curious vintage charm makes one smile. I couldn't believe it, but after discussing this online, I found...that I could not resist.

I do have the odd catalog of 1949 and one of the books with yellowish coloring that says 1918. I think the red and blue or red and black one deck or book with such illustrations is the 'latest' and the deck with yellow and blue/black is the earliest.

Hope you get a good deck and find a reasonable reprint with text with the coloring of your choice...I was fortunate enough to see one person's deck red and black, but haven't desired one enough yet to find this in reprint. My favorite that I may someday find would be the yellow and black.

If some think that the de Laurence red and black/blue might make one shudder...think that it might be a few colored shades better than the modern Adam Frontreas, which has an odder brown/orange/beige and purple/red,white coloring.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...am+frontreas+tarot&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbs=isch:1

But someday that too might be someone's joyful vintage find! With the de Laurence in mind, I'll keep the funky AF copy...

Cheers and hope to hear what you think of your de Laurence find!

Cerulean

Attachments

• dl_help.jpg
    dl_help.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 74

Cerulean

Now now, you might want to stick with L.W. de Laurence

fyreflye said:
Easily the ugliest deck ever pirated. If you're going to buy it be sure also to get DeLaurentis' companion book, The Sexual Key to The Tarot.

Just fyi:

abebooks.com:
The Sexual Key to the Tarot (ISBN: 0806502428 / 0-8065-0242-8)
Laurence, Theodor

This is diifferent from:

THE ILLUSTRATED KEY TO THE TAROT The Veil of Divination
De Laurence, L. W.

Book Description: The De Laurence Company, Chicago, 1918. Hardcover.

Best wishes.

While I agree it's not the prettiest deck, the Adam Frontera's might be vie for least favored re-colorings.

Best,

Cerulean