411 Secret Tarot ~ Fool Card

Le Fanu

Isn't it 444? I didn't know it was Majors only.

With only 111 copies, I'm going to avoid disappointment and not even try and get one! :D

nisaba

Or try VERY QUICKLY! I'm sure stalwarts like Gregory will/has. Why not you?

Off you go - I *know* you can do it.

Le Fanu

nisaba said:
Or try VERY QUICKLY! I'm sure stalwarts like Gregory will/has. Why not you?

Off you go - I *know* you can do it.
The problem is I'm likely to miss the 3 minutes when it is actually possible to buy it.

If I'm washing the dishes or making the bed or watering the garden, that's it. Too late. Better not to get one's hopes up!

And - weirdly - believe it or not, I don't get off on these decks when you have to scramble. Will I, won't I? I can't deal with the stress...

Silver Crow

I'm going to try!

nisaba

<shrug> I did my best. I know! How 'bout you give me all your credit card details, and let ME order????

<snicker>

Altena

To be entirely honest I'm a little disappointed that it turns out to be a majors only deck, but I'll definitely try securing myself a copy anyways.

AineFoley

Oh *drool* it looks so medieval - I need this!

shadowdancer

Aren't there problems with release now, according to another thread?? Something to do with copyrights, or similar.

As a project, it was announced with a fair bit of secrecy which did add nicely to the hype, along with mention of being limited in numbers. TBH I was surprised at the take up with such scan information, bearing in mind absolutely nothing was known about it at the time. Not to say it won't be good - we know from the DM he creates some evocative imagery, but just to say I would baulk at going for something I have not even seen a smidgen of up to that point. I know most of us would not dream of doing so with an unknown artist/project, so do find it a bit strange it happens with an artist who has only produced one previous tarot deck to date.

Majors only?? Wonder if that will dissuade a few who have immediately signed up. In the meantime I have to say I admire anyone who can draw and make it look so easy :D I watched the youtube clip and was very impressed. Loved the personality he captured on the character, and nice twist of the Devil on the end of the staff.

Davina

Le Fanu

I suppose the logic is, the Deviant Moon is such a a big seller and people can't get enough of Patrick's unique artwork. Of course a deck with only just over 100 copies is bound to sell very (very!) fast.

the Boltcutter decks - from complete unknowns in the tarot community - sold out both decks within a couple of hours. And that was 100 copies, wasn't it? I'm not holding out much hope for this one! Plus I'm in a different time zone to the US. I shall be slumbering deeply during those 3 minutes...

Nisaba, you're in a different time zone too so I guess it isn't worth me giving you all my credit card details... ;)