20th century tarot--ever seen this one?

Mallah

This is the one that my folks had lying around when I was a kid. I used to mess with it; don't know where it went. Now it's OOP and pretty rare...$150 used on amazon!

Personally, except for nostalgia, I don't really like it...it's TOO simple. I'd love to have it lying around, tho...really takes me back.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=B002CEUUE8/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

rwcarter

I have that! (And here's a better link.)

I got it off eBay earlier this year or late last year for a whole lot less then what Amazon Resellers are charging! (Like less than 1/5th!)

It's definitely a period deck. If it was released in 1970 and you were 9, you're older than I am, but not by much! ;)

Rodney

Laura Borealis

Oh yeah, that style of art rings a childhood bell with me too! I would have been seven.
Wonder what happened to the one your family had?

Mallah

I don't know what happened to it. It was around all the time I was growing up. Nobody read. Not sure why they picked it up...(maybe the "behind the scenes forces" were using a little influence.) I didn't get a reading till 1985...that was on a TdM. I was 24 then, I guess.

Someday one will come to me.

Tomsde

I've never seen it before, the Hanged Man is a bit grim for a contemporary deck. Interesting style. I'm not usually attracted to black and white decks myself. The only black ans white tarot I have is Mystic Mountain Tarot (I think that's what it's called), a black and white photographic deck, but the images are tinted like in the old days before color film was used.