2013 Lo Scarabeo's Tarot Illuminati

Darkness

Is anyone else as excited as me about 2013 Lo Scarabeo's Tarot Illuminati? Have seen some pictures on this it looks absolutely brilliant! Im not sure, but is it still meant to be hush hush????

Dan

marimorimo

Oh my! Thanks so much for sharing the link. I'm still on the fence on the Illuminati as decks with a lot of CG generally tend to leave me cold; on the one hand, the Hermit card is absolutely gorgeous!

I'm not usually crazy about the cat decks, but the Black Cat tarot has tickled my fancy. Same goes for the Mibramig Magical Tarot and even the Book of Shadows Tarot. LoS has definitely gotten me excited for next year :D

Le Fanu

It isn't hush hush I don't think. I've seen pics posted on facebook by the artist. I personally love it but it seems to be a bit over the top for many judging by the comments! I don't normally like that kind of art but it's so excessive that I actually love it here!

I knew nothing about that Mibraming Tarot. I'm going to LOVE that one! No other mention of that anywhere...

Alta

Thanks Darkness. I agree with Barbara's comment that there can never be too many cat decks. :) That Book of Shadows deck looks fascinating.

Chiriku

Are we to infer that the deck is named after Illuminati as in the contemporary conspiracy theory that continues to abound (often in rather ridiculous contexts--e.g. "Beyonce Knowles is the head of the Illuminati")? Or do they mean it in the more limited historical sense?

The deck that most piqued my interest was the one that was described thus: "All the cards are designed in pairs as part of a larger image and then split into two individual cards. Those cards, then, when they show up in a reading have a special connection. I apologize for the quality of the images. As I said…I was trying to be stealthy!"

(Is Moore suggesting that she's leaking proprietary company info by posting these? I can only assume she's joking).

I didn't realize Moore was in-house at Llewellyn. I thought she was a tarot writer who contracted with them to collaborate with deck artists. Interesting that she's the former. One doesn't usually think of an in-house corporate person also producing the creative content of their products.

Chiriku

Also, Moore's post proves that despite their many consistent flaws that need addressing, Lo Scarabeo continue to try new things and fiddle around with tarot as we know it. It is a quality I quite appreciate about them.

Le Fanu

Are we to infer that the deck is named after Illuminati as in the contemporary conspiracy theory that continues to abound (often in rather ridiculous contexts--e.g. "Beyonce Knowles is the head of the Illuminati")? Or do they mean it in the more limited historical sense?
er.. to be honest, I veer towards thinking it is iluminati as in "brightly coloured"!
Thanks Darkness. I agree with Barbara's comment that there can never be too many cat decks. :)
Funny, as a cat lover (and cat servant) and whose last tarot purchase was the Pagan Cats I really do think we have enough cat decks. I'm not sure I agree with Barbara on that one! It really does feel like enough now!

Tibor

Lo Scarabeo seems to be embracing RWS symbolism more and more on their latest decks including Illuminati. In the past they tended to publish more of the less traditional imagery but I do like the RWS and I also liked some of the less traditional decks like the Universal Fantasy Tarot. Anyway to stay on topic I am looking forward to the Illuminati. It's great that it will be published next year cos I can't really afford buying more decks this year after the Victorian Romantic Tarot. :)

Chiriku

Oh, well if it just means "brightly colored," my opinion of the deck has automatically risen.