2012; bumper year!

Le Fanu

In another thread I saw some off-topic comments about decks that had been published this year.
Please, let's keep discussion in this thread on the Gilded Tarot. If folks want to discuss the best decks of the year, please start a new thread.
So I shall...

It really struck me; this has been an amazing year for decks, and it's still only August! Much better than the usual crop (not crap :D). Very often, when I have to vote for "best deck", it's either very easy because there is only one I really like or very easy because there are none I like.

But this year I'm going to be spoilt for choice.

Mary-El, Victorian Romantic reprint, Gilded Royale, Pierre Madenié, Ghosts & Spirits, Zombie, Steampunk etc etc. There are just loads. Not to mention those yet to come like the Son Tarot and Book of Shadows.

Is it just me or is year shaping up to be one of the best ever? What are your impressions of the year so far? I also wonder, idly, which year in recent history had the most popular decks published...Maybe it's actually 2012? If the world does end this year, what a way to go out in tarot terms!

daphne

Or because the world it`s supposed to end this year, all tarots rushed to come to life. :)

ZKEI

Wish that I can see the Four Heavenly Kings Tarot to be officially published this year and so that we can place it on that 2012 row.
http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=166130

Don't forget the Lost Tarot of Nostradamus and Witches Tarot.
How about the Daniloff one in the latest posts?

:)

Glitterbird

Low BrowTarot looks like it will be released in October!!

Tibor

and the Symbolist :) so many decks so little time :(

Eyebright

It has been a great year :D! I have also enjoyed the Sacred Sites tarot to add to the ones already mentioned. I think Lo Scarabeo has had a particularly good year so far.

Can't wait for what else this year has to offer. I will be cross though if the world does end before I get my hands on the "As Below" part of the Book of Shadows deck duo!!!

Bluefeet

and all the wonderful Lenormand decks!

greatdane

I hadn't really thought about it, as I don't get that many decks, but the new one that has most struck me and caught my fancy all year is the Silent Tarot. That's been the deck that made me say ohhhh yeahhh! I wanted something darkish but not really dark and this is it. There were some lovely lenormands out as well, but I'm just not really feeling lenormands right now, so my pick would be the Silent Tarot.