2012 Tarot of Ascension--Two Suns and Two Moons?

Grizabella

I'm finding it interesting but puzzling that the Sun shows two suns and the Moon shows two moons in this deck. The LWB isn't any help. Does anyone else have this deck and know the meaning behind putting two suns and two moons in those cards?

rwcarter

Dear Grizabella, have you had your eyes checked recently? Two Suns and Two Moons? Wha...? :laugh: ;) })

Actually, I hadn't noticed that about the Sun and Moon cards. Looking at the LWB, each Major Arcana is given both a name and a title? keyword? focus? So the Moon and Sun are listed, respectively, as "The Moon, the two Moons" and "The Sun, the two Suns".... Looking at the alternate words for the Majors, starting with Death, we have the Ascension, Harmonious Equilibrium (Temperance), Subconscious (Devil), Explosion (Tower), Galaxy (Star), two Moons, two Suns, Day of Ascension (Judgment), New World (World). So between the end of the world (Explosion) and mankind's expanded consciousness (Day of Ascension), two Moons and two Suns "appear". I'm guessing that they were already there, but once mankind's consciousness has expanded enough, we'll be able to see them.

The LWB does have an interesting sentence though:
The path inevitably leads to the ends of the Earth, where we can take flight and make the quantum leap towards a higher level of awareness.

Looking at both cards, the auras around both suns and both moons are different as are the expressions of the celestial bodies. I take that as providing/creating a balance that's currently missing within those cards. So in the Moon, you have both the reflected light (left) with direct light (right). That could represent both confusion (left) and illumination (right) or innocence (left) and cynicism. In the Sun, the expression on the one on the right seems to mirror the left Moon. But I think the left sun is the one we currently are aware of, and the right one is the one we will become aware of in time.

That's as much brain stretching as I can do after a long, hard day at work.... :D

Rodney