"Dishonored" video-game tie-in deck

gregory

How many cards are in this deck? I keep seeing references to this having only 72 cards, not 78. If it's only 72 cards, then what's missing?

Some people can't be bothered to count. I bet they said to themselves - 4 suits, 13 each....

But even THAT makes no sense.

+ 3 instruction cards - in three languages, see.

The majors are insane - but it's still interesting in a weird way!

Metafizzypop

It's 78? I wonder why some people say it's 72. I just saw a listing on eBay, where the seller said they had a "brand new, still sealed deck of 72 cards." And there are some posts on this thread IIRC, that also said it was 72 cards. Maybe someone started a rumor at some point, and it took off. Who the %*&# knows.

And yeah, I noticed that the majors are non-traditional. But I think that leaves some good room for experimentation in divination.

gregory

The numbering is weird. But in a way I suspect all the - um - cards are there. I haven't had time to think it through.

You are making me thing I ought to count it again....

destiny1331

How many cards are in this deck? I keep seeing references to this having only 72 cards, not 78. If it's only 72 cards, then what's missing?

There are 78 cards in the deck, 22 major cards (also known as trumps) and 56 minor cards. The structure of the deck is more in line with the Taroucci than actual Tarot for divination, however with practice they can be used for doing readings.

karenquilter

Mine has 78 cards.

Darkmage

I just picked this up today and mine has the full 78 cards.

It's great as a Tarock deck. They call it 'The Game of Nancy' in the actual game itself, as well as in the instruction sheet that comes with it. As a reading deck? Not so much--too much deviation from the standard types.

It's a fun theme and tie-in deck, though.