Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

"Born in the USSR" Tarot by Alexander Daniloff

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Reader

prudence 
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpants View Post
I know he's said that he didn't want to outshine his other tarot deck, but if he published a 78 card version with boldly styled pips and courts (like the old Italian and TdM decks), I'd have a really, REALLY hard time resisting (hint! hint!).
Me too. I need 78 cards to justify a purchase and I need all of them to read. I am just not down with majors only readings, not in my skill set and not what I am used to. I have his Daniloff deck, which is 78 cards, basically RWS, but with his special touch. It is one of my favorite reading decks ever. So nuanced, so expressive. So beautifully executed.
Top   #41
Resident

mad as a hatter 
Resident

For those who think Daniloff is "celebrating the Communist era," this is what he has to say:

http://www.daniloff-art.it/Tarocchi%...he%20USSR.html

“Born in the USSR” is a series of Major Arcana inspired by Soviet propaganda posters of the '20s and '30s. It represents the human enthusiasm for the construction of a better future, a future so far away not to leave anything for the present, that turns into a nightmare.

Of the 22 cards in the USSR tarot, some (especially the Empress and the Emperor) show that enthusiasm and some (Justice, which shows a shackled man beaten over the head with a hammer and sickle) show the darker side.
Top   #42
Citizen

mrpants 
Citizen

Yes Mad, I think he was very clear.
Top   #43

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.