Finally! Chronata's tarot deck in progress

TemperanceAngel

Thanks for the explanation Chronata :)

I think that a red parrot has a lot of symbolism, so much fun to explore and I can look into it more for you if you like? I have some books at home, just pm me if you want some info :)

Your cards are amazing, exsquisite, beautiful, awesome....and the list goes on....I hope you are planning to get them published?
XTAX

WolfyJames

You have added so many cards since the last time I was here. All of them are beautiful!!! Keep up the good work! ;)

yve

How's the deck creation going? How many more to go?

Chronata

hi Yve!...and everyone...

I had to take more time off from working on this than I intended...
But if all goes right I will have a few more cards to show you all by the end of this week.

I hate to count how many more I still have to go...because than I start to panic! I mean really really panic...there's still Sooooo many left!
But the more sketches I complete, and ideas I finalize, the happier I am.

Keep watching this space... :D

Majecot

YAY!!!

Ok one little question. I was re-reading this thread and something in your first post caught my eye tonite. What exactly do you mean by "an outsider artist"????

Your work is so beautiful and unique and brings such joy. I absolutely love my lantern and unicorn you made! I am not quite clear on the use of your term.

:)

Chronata

hey there, Majecot!

I first heard the term "outsider artist" in a magazine refering to an artist whose work is popular...or sells, but who does not have any formal art training.

Then, I heard it coined as meaning someone whose work is still considerd art...but who normally wouldn't be considered a "gallery artist"..like hobo tramp art, found object art, carnival banner art, or graffiti art made by a street person.

The term was used a lot at the first gallery I showed my work in...and at first I felt a little hesitant to use the term...but now I have come to embrace it!
Artists don't have to have an art degree, or have studied "art rules" to make a statement, or to share with people thier own view and vision of the world.

As promised...I FINALLY finished Strength, and I'm ready now to share it with all of you.
This card gave me no end of grief...worse than the Moon, and certainly more vocal and insistant than the Emperor.

But I finally got it to the point where I can stop fiddling with it.

I hope to get another card up soon!

Attachments

• mmstrength.jpg
    mmstrength.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 284

Astra

I love it! The lion considered as courtier, or Beauty and the Beast? It may have given you grief, but it's certainly given me pleasure.

Chronata

Thanks Astra! I am glad you like it!

Part of the original problem was that I had one idea in mind...and the card itself seemed to have a whole different idea about how it should look!

The woman originally had a much more early Norse/Celtic look to her costume, and the lion was quite different too.

Part way through...the woman on the card really needed a hat...and it had to be one similar to the early Marseilles style!

I was just hoping that people wouldn't necessarily see the subconscious connection this card has to the Madonna video for "Like A Virgin" (LOL!)

I have always liked the Beauty and the Beast connection that this card brings up....overcomming the baser, beastier parts of oneself through gentleness and the pursuit of peace.

This next card is a little strange...in that it is only one (so far) that didn't have an early sketch...or a plan or an idea.
The very first thoughts I had on it were drawn directly onto the board with no previous concept in mind.

And she just sort of took shape as I went.

I'm still not sure that it is entirely successful...and I may end up re-doing this card at a later time.
I actually hadn't expected a Greco-Roman Iris to appear in Temperance.
Actually, I wasn't sure at all what to expect...as I had no expectations whatsoever!

Let me know if you think it works...

Attachments

• mmtemperance.jpg
    mmtemperance.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 260

September Pixie

WOW! Since I am so new here.. I think I have missed a lot of talk about these cards..

are you going to publish them? This is a beautiful deck! I can't wait to see it finished! If you are going to sell them.. count me in! :)

Chronata

Thanks September Pixie!
no you haven't missed that much...all the talk about this deck seems to be right here in this thread! :D

I have been seriously considering a small press limited edition run of the Major Arcana when I am finished...and then a later release of the whole deck when I am done with it!

Whenever that will be!