Working for an online tarot service

kduphily

I also applied to didilabs and submitted my test email. I am in the same boat you are hoping they will approve of my reading style. I will say it was a good challenge to have to come up with a certain number of characters per card and I feel it will give me a chance to work on spreads that I wouldn't normally do. Good luck!

Good luck to you as well. I'm finding it quite a challah do to come up with the number of characters per card lol

WiseOakReiki

Good luck to you as well. I'm finding it quite a challah do to come up with the number of characters per card lol

The same thing happened to me in the sample. I am still waiting to hear back. I actually feel like it's a good policy to have a number of characters or words per card minimum for all my readings, to make sure it's consistent for the customer.

tarotlova

I also applied to Phutureme. They came back and said they are currently doing website maintenance and won't be hiring until mid November.

Oh yes he has been busy for months on that, he is rewriting the whole site and from what I can gather it has not been easy and is very time consuming! So I suppose it makes sense they are not taking any more readers on until then :)

AraLuck

That's a really interesting thread, especially since I have used online readers myself a lot and this is kind of what got me into learning (although I had a tendency even before). I wanted to know, how early can you start reading for payment? Right now I am doing free readings to get my skills up and get the experience of reading and interpreting for a variety of situations. So what would anyone recommend? For me it would be about making some money for sure, but more so because the free readings are not respected... people don't make the appointments or just drag things. And they also think because it's free means I am not putting in my effort or maybe I am just not accurate. So, I would like to know how soon I should up myself to read online, for being a beginner (learning about 6 months only).

Vhyra

Sadly Didilabs is full on readers at the moment and currently aren't taking anymore. :( Hoping they have more space soon, they seem so amazing to work with!

Aunty Anthea

Being stuck indoors doesn't bother me at all as I am a full time student online. Between that and my social media outlets for tarot, I am on the computer most of the time.

Good luck with your studies (may I ask what you are studying?)

Also, for this service, starting out at a lower rating means not very many calls. I can be logged in all day and get just two calls.

I hope that things improve especially as you are stuck indoors studying

The hard part is having to come up to very quick answers to yes or no questions that don't always sit well with me. I cannot reword the question with the client. They want to know if he's coming back, if he has feelings for me, why my boss is being a jerk etc. I feel with phone lines I just don't have the time to get information from the cards that I feel I can trust. Maybe other people can do it but it's not for me.

I have never read other than face to face but might try having my own phone-line :)

katey

Hey guys,

So I was accepted and have started with Didilabs today. Very exciting for me. :) I just thought while we had this thread going, I'd ask those of you who've worked with the for a while a couple of questions. Any tips or advice you have to share is welcome. It's the first time I've ever done anything like this. I'd love to know how often (if at all) you get feedback? I know they will return your reading if you need to change stuff - does this happen a lot? How long did it take you to have your limit and compensation increased? Is it something that happens automatically? Do you receive client feedback at all?

...I think that's it for now! :) Thanks everyone who mentioned these guys. x

WiseOakReiki

Good luck with your studies (may I ask what you are studying?)

I hope that things improve especially as you are stuck indoors studying

I am studying Mind-Body Transformational Psychology with a concentration in Spiritual Studies and Hypnotherapy.

Also, I love it and I don't feel stuck. :) It's getting cold and I have a wood stove. ;) I just meant that a job sitting at the computer would be perfectly suited for my lifestyle at this point.

WiseOakReiki

Sadly Didilabs is full on readers at the moment and currently aren't taking anymore. :( Hoping they have more space soon, they seem so amazing to work with!

I also got the bad news that they are not taking more readers. Bummer for us!

Nemia

Hey guys,

So I was accepted and have started with Didilabs today. Very exciting for me. :) I just thought while we had this thread going, I'd ask those of you who've worked with the for a while a couple of questions. Any tips or advice you have to share is welcome. It's the first time I've ever done anything like this. I'd love to know how often (if at all) you get feedback? I know they will return your reading if you need to change stuff - does this happen a lot? How long did it take you to have your limit and compensation increased? Is it something that happens automatically? Do you receive client feedback at all?

...I think that's it for now! :) Thanks everyone who mentioned these guys. x

I've been with them for more than a year and had no feedback until now, neither positive nor negative. That's really a pity. I'd love to know how I'm doing.

I really enjoy the work. I gather myself just like for "real life" readings. I try to get the whole picture, to get a feel for the situation, with the limited information I have. Sometimes I'm astonished that this information is enough but it is.

Sometimes I go back to the readings I did and I'm astonished how many facets a card can have, and how finding every facet makes the core meaning so much stronger and clearer. For me, it's been a real learning experience. I don't have the self confidence to read for people except for friends, and I feel the app gives me a protected room to really get into the cards.

The app also forces me to work with decks I wouldn't have picked, and I'm happy to find out that I can read with them!