Hitting one's "saturation" point regarding decks

Starri Knytes

EVERYTHING is listed in my profile. I do have TWO of the Pamela Commemorative and the Anna. K as I mentioned. I keep things up to date. One comes in, I list it, one goes out, I take it off :). I do have two of the Bieri, Vintage German and Lenormand Oracle as well because I use them a lot. I don't really have "back up" decks if I have more than one, with tarot, the two I have dups are because I use one for my own personal reading.

I'll make it a point to look when at my pc (which isn't often anymore) your list doesn't show for me from this mobile app.
I think I have a bakers dozen or so which is only a fraction of what most here have. But I'm happy.
Thank you for reminding me to update my list. :heart:

greatdane

Oh then happy to tell you Starri!

EIGHT tarot decks (not counting two of the PCS Comm and the Anna. K, which brings it to 10) and 11 Lenormand decks (14 if you count the duplicates of the Bieri, Vintage German and Lenormand Oracle) and just one oracle, Psycards :)).

Rhapsodin

I never imagined myself a "tarot collector" so once I found a deck I could use that was enough. Tradition has served me fine but perhaps it's time to expand and that began with The Tarot of Dreams - superb art but they're still in the box awaiting a shuffle.

I decided to start a collection of small-run decks - still very much in its infancy, started by the receipt of a Majors only deck by Francesca Ricci last year coming with a periodical. It isn't investment as much as what appeals. In this field I don't know where "enough is enough" will be. I'm at the beginning rather than the end.

Thoughtful

greatdane you always come up with a great thread :)

l had one deck when l started out which worked perfectly well for me. Then l found AT, oh my, so many tarot decks, so much choice. l felt like "come here my precious" Gollom, l started to collect quite a few decks. Some l could not read with, others just did not have the appeal once l had them. So l was not a very discerning buyer and certainly not a collector. l got strict with myself, sold or gave away those that were gathering dust and have ended up now with my merry little band of hard working pals. l do want change now and again but instead of being tempted }) and pressing any "Buy now Button" l rotate my existing ones. l would rather explore more in-depth readings with the energies of the decks l have, rather than have my own energies diluted by so many others, that's just me.

Not saying this is easy though :laugh:

ana luisa

I guess for some, the STOP sign comes from within while for others, like me, from the outside :) I stopped buying decks because I couldn´t afford them any more. And in a way, it felt like going cold turkey. There is a rush involved in compulsively buying new cards I must admit. Now, I´m saving cash for one that deserves it the most. So happy to see people with self-restraint . Kudos to you !!! :thumbsup:

greatdane

Ana Luisa :)

It's not self-restraint for me! Wish I could say it was. And it's not lack of money, although if I wished to collect or have lots more, that WOULD come into play, as I'm on a fixed income. Some of the more expensive decks I have, I traded for (like I bought a deck that wasn't too expensive when it first came out, but then it went oop so I had something worth trading someone else for their oop deck).

I can't take any credit at all or want any. It's just where some like a lot, it gets to the point I just don't want any more.

I just was wondering if anyone else got to a point they just thought ok, I'm really pretty happy right here.

I DO still have two decks on my wish list that are not out yet, one is a reprint, a second edition of one I have (the FLONZ VICTORIAN) and one is a Lenormand done by one of my FAVORITE tarot deck designers, Anna. K :).

So if there are decks you want or any one wants, COOL! I admit it feels good to be totally satisfied with the tarot decks I have. I still enjoy looking at decks coming up and may find another I want, but for right now, I'm happy with my relatively small tarot "family" :)).

WalesWoman

I think I've been there for a long time. Every now and then some new deck speaks to me, but it hasn't very often. I think the Illuminati was the tipping point, unless something else comes out that blows my socks off. I don't even look at decks... then again, I don't have a nice shop near by that sells Tarot. Being down south last summer and finding some awesome shops filled with tarot was incredible, luckily I only came home with one new deck because I already had most of what they had or what I wanted. I remember the days when I'd spend days scrolling on Ebay and drooling.

greatdane

LOL WalesWoman!

I loved the scrolling and drooling comment :)).

When I first became interested, it was easy to feel like a kid in a candy shop. But in a way, it was kind of like dating. It was fun, but then you find someone that just feels like the one (or ones!). The decks I have, I really love, but if someone asked me right now, if you had to buy something or sell something, it would be to let a deck go.

Of course, that will change when the two decks on my Lenormand list come out ;-).