Oh no please help

Mi-Shell

Dear Lourdez ♥
Tarot and other "cards" are TOOLS for asking Questions and helping us find answers - for ourselves - and for others.
Just like a screwdriver is a tool to fix all the (my ;) ) loose screws.....
I have not touched a screwdriver in months!!!
I did not NEEEEED that kind of tool.

You have a new home! You have to ground there, explore the new season there, what grows in the garden this year...
You are expecting!!!!!!
Congratulations!
Pregnancy heightens intuition!
You maybe do not need - want any cards right now, because there in another Power inside you growing along with the baby!
This is a tool that is much more valluable for you and your family and Spirit makes sure, you concentrate on that one right now.

Cards do not rot - they will be there when you teach your kid to read!
They will be there for you when you are a Granny and sit in the sun (rocking chair!!) and others come to you in need some sensible advice........
Keep all your cards for that time, ... they will ALL be OOP by then and.... $$ :)

Shade

Here's what you do. On a nice Autumnal night (since you are in Australia) very soon light some candles, have a glass of wine, and watch a fun Occulty flick that features Tarot in some way (anything from the House of Spirits, to Live and Let Die, to Now and Then if you are feeling light). Set out some ambiance in an area with your cards and see if the spirit moves you.

Grizabella

Aha, my dear! I haven't read any posts since the "I'm pregnant" one. It's very common for pregnancy to affect a woman that way. There's your answer right there. Keep the decks!

ctrymaus

Ive switched off from being able to use Tarot Cards :( what had happened to me!!!

It all started with moving house. The house we moved to is so so energetically clean and has made me see so much more clearly I have no interest in my over 120 decks of tarot oracle or lenormand:(

Now what? How can something I love after such a long time switch off. I've tried getting back into it but can't!! I read and I'm switched off. I have no interest anymore:( so I keep the decks sell the decks give the decks away????? What a weird thing to write as I could never understand why or how anyone would part with a deck let alone all ever ever ever!!!!!!!!

The thing is I've lost my trust I don't even find tarot accurate anymore..........

Has this happened to anyone? Will I regret selling everything?

This happened to me with playing ukulele. I was so very into it. Then when we moved about 9 months ago, I just stopped. I haven't even felt like playing at all. What is wrong with me? Cat'r says I go through cycles and will come back to it. I have 23 ukuleles and keep thinking I should sell/give them away. DH and my sister and Cat'r all say NOT to get rid of any of them.

I have (I'm sure) over 100 tarot decks. I was at a point that I didn't feel I could read tarot anymore (I felt I had become too sensitized). So I GAVE most of my tarot decks away. DH warned me not to do that. But I did, and such a HUGE mistake. Now I am trying to replace the ones I loved back in the early 90's. What I *should* have done is pack them away and just store them somewhere safe in our house. DH says I never listen to him about these things, and he's right. I did this about stationery, stuffed animals, tarot decks. So I need to listen to him about my ukuleles.

Moral: hang onto your tarot decks! It may all come back to you. And then where will you be when you've given away/sold your beloved decks? Don't be like me!

CountryMouse

canid

This happened to me with playing ukulele. I was so very into it. Then when we moved about 9 months ago, I just stopped. I haven't even felt like playing at all. What is wrong with me? Cat'r says I go through cycles and will come back to it. I have 23 ukuleles and keep thinking I should sell/give them away. DH and my sister and Cat'r all say NOT to get rid of any of them.

I have (I'm sure) over 100 tarot decks. I was at a point that I didn't feel I could read tarot anymore (I felt I had become too sensitized). So I GAVE most of my tarot decks away. DH warned me not to do that. But I did, and such a HUGE mistake. Now I am trying to replace the ones I loved back in the early 90's. What I *should* have done is pack them away and just store them somewhere safe in our house. DH says I never listen to him about these things, and he's right. I did this about stationery, stuffed animals, tarot decks. So I need to listen to him about my ukuleles.

Moral: hang onto your tarot decks! It may all come back to you. And then where will you be when you've given away/sold your beloved decks? Don't be like me!

CountryMouse

Me too! With piano, flute, etc. I AM an artist, a good one, but even that goes by the wayside at times. Sometimes for years to my regret. But I never gave away my (sometimes) very expensive brushes, paper, paint...Sorry but I have a gift that I ignore and that's just WRONG. So I'm thinking Lourdez should just take a break perhaps. Put the cards away, but don't throw them away. Eh? Unless she wants to gift someone...but give it some time before a decision. It's not hurting anyone just sitting there, waiting, right?

Lourdez

Yep you are all right I will hold on to them and just hope our love rekindles itself.

I am on subscription I thought? I must have expired:( see totally off at the moment totally off.

Perhaps a pp was correct I need to find my ground......although bit hard when I can't see my feet over this huge tight belly (jokes)

Thanks all thanks so much!

To the poster who recommended wine well that would be perfect but I must wait until baby has moved out of the temple so not long to go. 4 months here we come [emoji173]️

3ill.yazi

Funny that you mention ukulele. All this talk about these huge collections reminds me if my other life as a ukulele player and collector.

There's often the discussion of why own so many ukes, if you can't play them all, and I gotta react that way about tarot decks.

I would differ here and suggest that you sell some decks, not rare ones, but rather ones that are in print, and see how it feels. It often feels good to unload possessions, especially in this culture where we equate stuff and love. Maybe someone might buy a deck, and get great use out of it. I've started collecting decks, and I stopped, because it felt off to me.

I used to collect ukes, until it became too expensive, but also because I bought this one uke from a collector. It was in mint condition. It was made in the 60s, and clearly had never been touched. Part of me was like score! But part of me was sad: this thing sat in a box for 20 years, and it just doesn't play as well as some of my beaters.

Maybe it is something biological. But maybe the universe wants you to own less stuff. .02

ctrymaus

Funny that you mention ukulele. All this talk about these huge collections reminds me if my other life as a ukulele player and collector.

There's often the discussion of why own so many ukes, if you can't play them all, and I gotta react that way about tarot decks.

I would differ here and suggest that you sell some decks, not rare ones, but rather ones that are in print, and see how it feels. It often feels good to unload possessions, especially in this culture where we equate stuff and love. Maybe someone might buy a deck, and get great use out of it. I've started collecting decks, and I stopped, because it felt off to me.

I used to collect ukes, until it became too expensive, but also because I bought this one uke from a collector. It was in mint condition. It was made in the 60s, and clearly had never been touched. Part of me was like score! But part of me was sad: this thing sat in a box for 20 years, and it just doesn't play as well as some of my beaters.

Maybe it is something biological. But maybe the universe wants you to own less stuff. .02

I think that expensive uke will play better as you play it. If it's solid wood, it will "open up" as you play it more. Also try different strings on it. Maybe a different set will make it sing!

I wonder if tarot decks are that way. Some I connect with right away, others take a little more time. But I'll never part with tarot decks again. I am in the process of hunting down and rebuying a lot of decks I gave away. I wish I had listened to my husband, who had warned me not to get rid of them. He's the one who says I shouldn't get rid of any of my ukuleles--"you'll be sorry!". :p

CountryMouse

3ill.yazi

Oh, it plays well enough with new strings and all, but I feel sorry for it all those years. I think I feel the same for all these decks. Unless someone is making a point of using them on a rotating basis. What's the point of a thing not being used for what it was made for?

But I do it myself, though I strive to get rid of the stuff. I'm just suggesting that it might be freeing to let it go. *shrug*

darling

I've been through two phases so far where I totally lost my abilities. The first time it happened, I was heartbroken. Doing readings is part of the magic of everyday life, for me. It's such a huge part of myself. After trying and failing to establish a connection with the cards many times, I sorted them back into order, cleansed them with sage and put them back in their box. I then took two weeks off work (I am a professional reader) and kept my thoughts away from the cards for a while. I needed to ground myself. I spend time in nature, and connected myself to the earth again. Hikes, tree hugging, buying clothes and being a bit material. After all, psychic work is pretty ungrounded, really. Sometimes we need a balance. Perhaps your body is trying to use your energies for your baby, and it's a time of temporary respite.

I think it would be quite unusual for you to lose your abilities, just like that. It's more than likely that after a rest and listening to your body, the abilities will come back again quite naturally, and I suspect you will intuitively know the right time :)