Your reading corner or reading table

greatdane

What you call "clutter", Le F....

I call fabulous ambiance! Thanks for sharing the pix. More, more! :))

Thoughtful

They are lovely pics and not at all clutter. I have crystals and candles on my little table when l read, probably not needed but as GD says they give atmosphere.

greatdane

Oh that's lovely, Thoughtful!

If I had more room on my little table, I would add more as well. Which reminds me, I may have something on my mantle that serves as a kind of inspiration altar that may fit....I do have some quartz crystal clusters on top of my Pamela Commemorative decks :) at least and I love having her pic framed on my reading table.

Nemia

Beautiful! What a collection of miracles, Le Fanu. I'm sure there is a story attached to everything...

Wonderful. (And Greatdane - now I know why you are the crone in the attic... I love tent-like interiors. The light has such fascinating angles.)

greatdane

Wish you could see it in person, Nemia!

Having lived in California and Arizona where a building is old if it was built thirty years ago, it's lovely living in a piece of history! It was built by the lumber baron of the area, so was quite a grand lady in it's day and I think it still is. And yes, amazing light...and sometimes...energy. I had to "cleanse" it quite a bit when I first moved in. Many stories there...

Nemia

Greatdane, that's wonderful. I believe in the genius loci, the atmosphere and spirit of a place, and how we interact with it - the place influences us, and we influence the space.

I have by now moved my card collection from the bedroom to my study, and arranged them on the shelves next to a little sitting area. Now all I need is a table - I'll keep my eyes open for something suitable.

My little collection of books and decks looks very cozy there. It's less "out of the way" than in the bedroom - I want to reach for the cards more often and without having to lift the heavy box and finding a place for it...

The shelves are next to the balcony where I sit quite often. And just now I see that a couple of swallows want to build their nest above this balcony! That must be a good sign.

Thoughtful

Sounds lovely Nemia, so glad you found your chosen spot and what better than the arrival of the swallows, must be a good omen. Am sure you will find the right table very soon.
It makes such a difference when you work/read your tarot in a peaceful and cosy environment.

Aina

My reading space is in the laundry room. There is a small room between the bathroom and our bedroom where there is our wardrobe and an ironing board. There is a dirty clothes basket and that's where I iron clothes and that's where people get out to get changed after a bath. So there is one small shelf with hairdryers and nail polish etc and a small folding table with two baby chairs that was never used. So I just covered it with a shawl and arranged the decks on it. I'm afraid my father in law will throw away my decks like he gave away our guinea pigs when we were away, so I prefer to keep them hidden. I cover the table with shawls during the day and I spend 1-2 hrs at night before sleeping just "using the cards" and asking them craziest questions. Whatever it is, I just love to shut myself in that room and "talk to cards" as I call it. And it's not very beautiful environment but we will try improving it soon.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/esingh/13937454093/

gregory

Wherever I am when I feel like reading. Often my desk; more often on a tray on my knees in the living room. And you do NOT get a photo of my knees. :D

Nemia

Aina, however uncomfortable it must be for you, it sounds very romantic - like a priest hole, a hiding place in the house.

My daughters both noticed today that my decks moved to a more "public" place and said it looks much better. I'll hang up tarot-related pictures next. It's a happy feeling.