Druidcraft colors - 7 of Wands

Horace

7 of Wands

OK..so let's start with this card's colors. Because there IS a difference in the same colors on the 9.

I'd never noticed the colors of his helmet are matched with the sword tips. I think of blue as calm serene logic of the mind. In his helmet its 'restrained' by bands of reddish passion. I'm pretty sure it's copper because they have the same pattern as his bracelet. Copper bracelets are often worn for inflammation.(fire) The sheaths for his side weapons, also have the same passion/mind coloring.
The 7's are a challenge but the sword tips are balanced 3/3 with those same colors. I'm not always sure these swords are the enemies. They could be bringing assistance, his wand has no point. He had to see them coming, yet didn't draw a real weapon. and why does front guy have his eyes closed if he's approaching the enemy? Is he cringing?

I'm not sure what to think of the base he's standing on. I thought it was grayish but it's more tannish purple. Using spirit and logic to overcome a problem?

Green and orange checks on his pants made me see the slight green, I think?, shading on his back. I'll have to ponder this later.

I can't believe how many colors I never thought about before.

and what about those blue helmets? :)

crazy raven

Horace said:
I'd never noticed the colors of his helmet are matched with the sword tips. I think of blue as calm serene logic of the mind. In his helmet its 'restrained' by bands of reddish passion. I'm pretty sure it's copper because they have the same pattern as his bracelet. Copper bracelets are often worn for inflammation.(fire) The sheaths for his side weapons, also have the same passion/mind coloring.

I’ve tried to research on this and it seems the Druids worked with copper as well as brass. Brass was back then, a combination of gold, copper and silver..it was the strongest metal known. The blacksmith or ‘fashioner of the universe’ used his tools with the help of a purifying fire, to smooth out life’s dents and transform the ordinary into something beautiful and artistic.

Scott Cunningham says brass jewelry is worn to guard a person and is used in defensive magic to send negativity back to its sender. In the home, brass objects are used for protection and healing.

Copper apparently opens the 1st and 2nd chakra…balancing and stabilizing one’s intuition, sexuality, desire and vitality…..it harmonizes the physical and etheric bodies and as you mentioned is good for inflammation, especially arthritic conditions.

When I look at his helmet I wonder, if it’s blue with purple or could it even be a royal blue? The stones lapis lazuli or sapphire come to mind. Royal blue is about making decisions, of being able to see through situations, its connection is with the third eye, clairvoyance, deep wisdom. In the negative we resist or can’t see things as they are….it may symbolize depression, isolation and separateness.

Horace said:
I'm not sure what to think of the base he's standing on. I thought it was grayish but it's more tannish purple. Using spirit and logic to overcome a problem?

That seems quite fitting J these colors (tan and purple) artistically, do go well together.

Horace said:
Green and orange checks on his pants made me see the slight green, I think?, shading on his back. I'll have to ponder this later.

Do you think this color combinations could be that of a body builder? Someone who is motivated towards spirituality through hard work rather than yoga or meditation?

merissa_88

Horace said:
I'd never noticed the colors of his helmet are matched with the sword tips. I think of blue as calm serene logic of the mind.

I keep thinking about the three colors associated with the ovates, bards, and druids. I don't know much about this tradition. I'm wondering if a blue helmet is connected also to having to use your wits and spiritual connection to create or succeed as a bard would.

I'm also playing with the idea that blue symbolizes Ceridwen's tests (or staying serene during them), but I'm not sure about this.