Book of Law Study Group 1.21

Aeon418

When reading this verse I keep thinking about the number 0.12. That's one of the numbers that comes up in verses 24 & 25.

We are told that Nuit's word is 6 and 50. And it's these numbers that we are to divide, add, multiply and understand.

6/50 = 0.12

If the God is the 1, and the Adorer is the 2, then the 0. is Nuit and Hadit. Zero is the source of all the numbers. But zero, being nothing, is not seen. It suggests to me the ultimate reality behind all forms and appearances. "...there is no other God than me, and my lord Hadit".

0.12. Nihilism, Monism, Dualism, all reconciled together?

This is verse 21. That's the numeration of AHIH, I am, the god-name of Kether. That could be significant in the light of this verse being the first verse in the Gimel decanate.*

* Liber AL contains 220 verses. Some people have suggested that each set of 10 verses corresponds to one of the Hebrew letters. So verses 1 to 10 are Aleph, 11 to 20 are Beth, 21 to 30 are Gimel, etc., etc.

Beira

In this line i get that Nuit is a supreme idea of deity, that humans can access with more ease by thinking of their gods, but there is a big difference.
The pantheons humans have created are mirrors of the temperaments of their worshippers, and help to wrap our minds about infinity and perfection.. But they are not infinite: this is exactly why they are useful as "stepping stone" for trying to comprehend Nuit.
And the image on the Stele represent this: Nuit arching over the scene where a priest and his god are interacting. The god still performs his duty, but Nuit is on an altoghether different plane, superseding it all.
I connect this line with the preceiding ones too: we were talking of the union of the human that rises up and the deity that comes down on him. This line is still another explanation of how this union appears, or better don't appear, but is there.