Deviant Moon-VIII Justice

bumble bee

This card came up during a reading I was doing and it was a little dark and I am nearsighted and at first I thought it was the king of swords. Our character is wearing the black robe of a judge. He has keys of knowledge pinned to his dress. He is holding up two swords with two hands in an equal and balanced matter. Ther is a third arm heavily muscled and it looks like it may have be superficially cut by one of the swords? It is clutching a prehistoric looking fish creature. There is a larger fish creature under his robe.There may be more we cant see- I see at least 3 tails under his robe.
The little white book refers to corruption creeping from the seams of a just society. Is the muscled arm cut from a struggle with the two balanced arms?
The fish creatures represent coruption- I can imagine them breeding under that robe.

Cenz

Is it out of place if we were to see the third hand holding the fish and the things growing inside the judge robe as "No one escape from justice's hand(The creatures were killed by justice and lies under his feet)"?

Flaxen

This card is very interesting.

I noticed the keys and then noticed a small keyhole in the back wall. It's struck me that it wasn't obvious like a door. I wonder if it refers to the need to open unexpected doors when examining legal cases. All sorts of things may come tumbling out into the open! This could link to the fish too - skeletons coming out of the closet.

I also wondered if the fish being strangled could be a reflection of how the law needs to be impartial and so may need to stifle emotions (the fish could be representative of the cups/emotional issues). For example, a fair trial needs a detached perspective. High emotions could lead to miscarriages of justice and 'mob rule'.

This deck is a new acquisition and I've been studying the cards intently for the last couple of days. There are so many little details!

zephyr_heart

bumble bee said:
The little white book refers to corruption creeping from the seams of a just society. Is the muscled arm cut from a struggle with the two balanced arms?
The fish creatures represent coruption- I can imagine them breeding under that robe.
I think the judge may be playing two hands. One, by letting the corruption grow from the veil beneath her, and at the same time those who passed the veil beneath her will be caught and taken into custody abruptly.

callistoluna

to me, this card is fearsome! Nothing escape the hand of Judgement!
The "hand" coming from beneath the robe has 3 fingers while the other 2 arms coming from the normal places (!) are perfectly formed - is this a deformed slant on justice? Justice is pure, cerebral, impartial - if you aren't on the receiveing end of a sentence or the ruling is in your favour... but it can be twisted and nothing can escape if it goes that way. You may suffer the same fate as the hapless fish if you get caught in those clutches.
Justice is fair - but your idea of fair may differ from what the Judge thinks.