Escaping from the Tree of Life?

foolMoon

I'm glad you like the playing air guitar whilst in your underpants approach :)

Actually I didn't like the video but the music was OK :) (The music was even worse, but I was being polite ) ;D

foolMoon

Just wondering if English is your first language ?

Yes, if you do a quick scan on wiki that is what you might come up with. I am talking about the effect the whole movement and philosophy has had on western thinking. Its implications and what came from it .... not its 'strict' deffinition.

Do you really think it is 'strictly for division of body and mind ' (and I am not sure what that means due to the wording ? )

Do you think the Pre- Cartesians did not see a difference between body and mind and Descartes was the first to realise they were not the same ?

You won't get that I mean with a quick scan, which is why I supplied you with the best and easiest reference to understand it ... and even said the first chapter alone will help comprehension immensely.

It isnt just about division of mind and body ... its the whole viewpoint and mind set of the western mind.

It is about the distinction between the real and the ideal but not about old and new ways of thinking as a type of dualism, the old and new ways of thinking are the results of a non- dualistic approach and a dualist one.

No , you are trapped in dualism, this is what I mean . You need to escape from that before you can escape from the tree of life ;) .

There is no mundane AND spiritual world there is THE world and it is 'spiritual' . I know that is hard to understand with the modern mind, it is conditioned by concepts of the fall of man or an original 'division' in theology that had a socio - political problem injected into it ( re the first dualist philosophy in Zoroastrianism and the origins of 'Ahriman' ) . The state of consciousness required is singular, not a shift from one to another to comprehend the different worlds - because there are no different worlds.

Do I ?

Only if it was altered away from that in the first place. I can assure you, I have contact with Australian Aboriginals that sleep, wake, eat, walk and go to work , etc, that are continually in 'an altered state of mind' .

The western mind has been torn apart, half of it can send probes to Io, the other half suffers depression, psychosis, comes up with crazy stuff to explain what they want, need, have to feel, about these things (everything from Grey alien overlords to covering their and their dog's head with alfoil ) ... and spends the rest of the time trying to contemplate purpose or denying that there is one.

And an aweful lot of time watching silly you-tube videos (who anyone can make and pretend to know what they are talking about ) instead of reading educated scolars or taking courses

C'est la ( moderne) vie < shrug> .

The point is not linguistic but philosophical. The Cartesian dualism is purely a philosophical term, not literary metaphor.

Before the Cartesian dualism, of course there have been various schools talking about Mind and Body problems, but it was he, the French philosopher Rene Descartes, who first laid down the Mind and Body dualism with full theoretical discourse, hence the name "Cartesian Dualism". Read his Meditations on First Philosophy.

You cannot use Cartesian dualism to imply all dualisms under the sun, that is not correct.

foolMoon

I don't think you can comprehend what has been written above ? I said there isnt any point in that . Why would I start talking Kabbalistic complexities to people that didnt know anything about kabbalah ? ... unless they professed an interest or started commenting in an internet forum on the subject.

Of course I would not explain to you how to make a sandwich using Kabbalah ... BUT, if you were not understanding anything of what kabbalah is about, someone might use the analogy of sandwich making to help you understand Kabbalah with a familiar concept. You seem back-the-front on a lot of the comprehension here.

Oh dear ! :rolleyes:

Really ?

" UQ Head of Sociology Associate Professor Alex Broom said although health authorities understood the community-wide risks of antibiotic resistance, many doctors were still not complying.

“On any given day in Australia, about 40 per cent of hospital in-patients will receive antibiotics, with between 20 and 50 per cent of those deemed unnecessary or sub-optimal in current best practice terms, depending on the individual hospital,” Associate Professor Broom said."

http://www.uq.edu.au/news/article/2014/03/study-shows-why-doctors-over-prescribe-antibiotics

(Note reference - University of Queensland study, not just my opinion or some guy on youtube. )

No .... he doesnt. Not in my opinion and not in the opinion of some here (who I might add have many years of experience with Tarot cards , reading tarot cards, Kabbalah, philosophy and academia ).

But maybe we are not 'flashy' enough and 'suffer' from lack of production of youtube vids ?

Yes ... yes he does.

But the issue is, he also tries to take on subjects he has little education in.

You have not even watched his video till the end, make judgement?

foolMoon

How can you tell ... if you are not even sure what he is saying ? ? ?

At least I have watched his videos till the end, and tried to understand.

foolMoon

... and here I was dissin' youtube !

:laugh:

Sure there are some cheap trash in youtube, but there are also good educational stuff as well. Mocking at someone's ideas and views without even listening carefully are not very helpful and downright disrespectful.

smw

Actually I didn't like the video but the music was OK :) (The music was even worse, but I was being polite ) ;D

Oh!... I am sorry that I put that up in our conversation. :(
My sense of humour is a bit warped at times.

smw x

Richard

FoolMoon, PHB may be a fine Tarot reader and teacher. I'm not qualified to comment on that. I do feel, however, that I am qualified to say that he is not a Kabbalist. It is unfortunate that he chose to reveal his lack of fundamental understanding in that video. If you like his version of OOTK, fine; but his comments on Kabbalah should be taken cum grano salis. If you are interested in Kabbalah, look elsewhere.

foolMoon

Oh!... I am sorry that I put that up in our conversation. :(
My sense of humour is a bit warped at times.

smw x

No probs smw.

This is more of my taste,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bto3iHQDq4

and this :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0dNKfCL8WM

but it just means something like I prefer cheese and pickle sandwich to ham. You might not like it at all LOL, everyone's taste is different, and my taste of music might be as cheap as anything, some might say. No taste is bad or wrong, it just means you prefer something to others. I just like classic rock and the blues music :)

No no honestly nothings is serious, and I really appreciated your humour :D

foolMoon

FoolMoon, PHB may be a fine Tarot reader and teacher. I'm not qualified to comment on that. I do feel, however, that I am qualified to say that he is not a Kabbalist. It is unfortunate that he chose to reveal his lack of fundamental understanding in that video. If you like his version of OOTK, fine; but his comments on Kabbalah should be taken cum grano salis. If you are interested in Kabbalah, look elsewhere.

Hi LRichard

Yep I get what your saying. I am a newbie in Kabbalah, and just debating on the topic armed with only common sense and a little bit of internet knowledge on Kabbalah right now.

So I am in a position to take in anyone's argument on the subject, and will come to my own views sometime in the future, or never will, as my mind seems evolving all the time.

It is interesting to hear about different views, and I know where you are coming from. Thank you for your advice and feedback, and we will keep on asking, replying and debating, because during the process, I feel the strength and weakness of the system reveals itself, and we are able to opt for whatever is suitable and right for our understandings on the subject.

I think I will get back to Dion Fortune's book "The Mystical Qabalah".