The Lover's Path Index

FaeryGodmother

Yay! I just got this deck today so I'm looking forward to exploring this deck. :)

Is there anyone else still actively using it on a regualr basis?

Sophie-David

Hi FaeryGodmother!

Yes, its definitely one of my favourites. I split my reading time between Universal Waite, Hanson-Roberts, The Lover's Path, and The Ancient Minchiate Etruria, as the spirit leads. The Lover's Path is excellant for relational questions, and most questions are relational in one sense or another. I find it particularly helpful that the Majors use both male and female imagery on each card.

Cheers - David

seaweed

Thinking about buying this deck : )

Hi everyone,

I came across this one last night at the bookstore and it's kind of caught my attention. I like the details, the reversable backs, balanced genders, clear art, multi-cultural mythology, I like that it's not heavy-handed with Christianity, for variety's sake...and am trying do decided to buy or not to buy : ) I guess what has me most stuck are the Majors...does there seem to be a progression to the Fool's journey here? Does it take long to get the jist of the radically non RWS images/titles? Also, as it's been said by Sophie-David "most questions are relational in one sense or another"...has anyone found it diverse enough to use as their primary deck (I'd think that maybe with each myth having a host of little stories within each one, something relevant could be extrapolated from each card...and is it good for meditating with?) Also, is it gilded at all?

My mind's eye just showed me the Wheel of Fortune card...I'm guessing it's saying, "Take a chance"? Oh! If it had only shown me a more *specific* aspect of the card : ) It was facing upright, but focused neither on high nor low, the outside of the wheel nor the inside....just a *highly* colorful Wheel of Fortune : )

Anyway, any thoughts? (It sounds like getting the "delux" set, the $35 one with the book would be best advised.)

Until I draw my own, I'm wishing for an everyday deck to cuddle up with : )

Thank you ever so much!

Gavriela

It's fairly cuddly. It occurs to me that there were a couple of minor errors in the mythology, mixing up Greek gods and Roman goddesses, or something, and I still can't quite get Cleopatra as Empress - well, Marseille-style she'd work, and yes, there are the stories about her and Marc Antony having a child, but...

Overall, I do like it, though. Wish it hadn't tried quite so hard to be an RWS deck, but it's still pretty readable on its own terms, and I do like most of the choices. It's a nice deck.

Definitely get the book to go with if you can.

seaweed

oops, one last question...

How well does it function as an everyday deck? (once getting past the Greek and Roman mix ups, which in any case are *so* annoying---I empathise : ) )

marigold's

How is the deck, anyway?

seaweed

Just about the richest, nicest deck I've ever seen!

I just wanted to thank you all for encouraging me re: how cuddly and multi-faceted this deck is. Going just by the box, I felt a bit wobbly, but *not at all* wobbly when I opened this jewel! I have bad arthritis and usually only like pocket decks, but this deck is *every bit* worth using the "pool" method to shuffle instead : ) It's as if Lover's Path is the *much more sophisticated* form of The Mythic Tarot (despite, yes, it's err or so mixing Greek/Roman mythology from a woman married to and Anthropologist---and normally I wouldn't say that, but being degreed in Anthropology myself with a footing in Psych, were I she, he would have been the first person I'd have run a "culture-check" by : ) But the myths are so similar, I think I'll run with it as an advantage vs a thorn--afterall, how much more depth does it give the story then? : ) )

I've yet to have a reading (sick with pain), but I've already shown them to as many people as I can...they really are so warm and inviting! They should be an honest treat to read (as well as a tarot form of something like a nicoteen patch for the Maat : ) Oooooooo! Those 2 together....fantastic! But what's so lovely about Lover's Path, well, a couple things...it does have a bit of a RWS essence, so easy to get your bearings, plus, it's affordable enough to go out to read this oppulant deck w/o feeling "Oooh! I have to be so careful..." They're *approachable*!

Well, it's off to reading all the entries at the beginning of this thread and the study group! : )

P.S. Does anyone know if the novel "The Lover's Path" (same creator) gives hidden or additional insights into the tarot deck?

P.P.S. The way serendipity works : ) I came in too late to get the deluxe version...what does the carrying bag look like? (Did it come with one?) And are the cards gilded?

Thanks so very much : ) It's such a luxury deck!