Adflatus

zachlost

Re: Latin is a Dead Language

Le_Corsair said:
Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot, Zachlost. :)

Edited to add: So it's your deck? Very impressive. Be sure to stop by the Tarot Deck Creation forum!

Bob :THERM

- you'll have to forgive my ignorance on this one ... it's a pretty big forum, what exactly am I supposed to do in there? :)

galadrial

Welcome zachlost,

I love your deck and am glad you have a release date for it that I can mark on my calendar because I will definately want to purchase it. Re: the Deck Creation forum, you don't have to do anything:) It is just like the rest of the forum except that the threads are specific to deck creation. Topics such as copyright, laminating, packaging, etc. as well as scans and updates of decks in progress are covered. I'm not even an artist myself, but I like to hang out there to see what's in the pipeline, to gain appreciation of how much goes into creating the finished product, to ooh and ahh over some of the wonderful artwork being created by our talented members and to offer encouragement for the daunting task of taking a deck from conception to final product.

zachlost

processing

galadrial - thanks for the mark on the calendar. i hope that the guys and gals @ llewellyn do deliver on time :)

i'm not sure i have much to add to the tarot creation forum. i found most of it pretty straight forward when assembling my own deck. i'd feel like i was re-inventing the wheel with the amount of extremely useful information out there :)

thankfully llewellyn will be processing it instead of i ...

as for hanging out by pipelines ... i'd suggest wearing some good wellington boots. you never know what's coming down the pipe ;)

tao51

This is a deck to wait for...

The artwork is fanatastic! May 2005 is a long time to wait! I am glad the Llewellyn decided to publish it. This will be a popular deck.--Tao

lionette

Re: Thanks for your support

zachlost said:
2) they should be released in May 2005, unless the publisher decides otherwise.

what -- we have to wait a year?? !!

Hi Zachlost -- very nice deck! Looking forward to it.

:) :)

Xarokys

Another one for my ever-growing wishlist.

I really like the way the reversal is done.

tao51

zachlost, highest praise for your design

Welcome to the board. Your creative genius is most welcome! Llewellyn better be on time or there may be a mob of Tarot-huingry people at there doors!--Tao

Nycelle

Hmm. . . must mark May 2005 on the calender too.

But also must buy calender.

Ooooooh, shopping.

darwinia

The word "Adflatus" reminds me of the relentless wind of advertising spam.

I like the take on the Chariot.

On the web site, there are no scroll bars for the Minors and the bottom of the text and picture are cut off for some of them. Just a smidge, but still. Also, there are no images loading on your Prints page. Probably not a good idea to put large images of the deck on the web anyway as piracy abounds.

Nice clean, artistic web site, no gimmicky scripts. (Woman drops to floor in a dither of thankfulness.)

From the About page:
"When it finally came to the colouring stage of the cards, I surprised myself with the wonders of bold colours and vibrant hues."

Good one. I particularly love that bright, bright green on the Magician card--wonderful. I've always thought of the Magus as a spinner of green and growth.

I also like the contrasting images/sensibility on the 8 of Pentacles. The echo of regular playing cards shows in the mirroring aspect of the deck, and yet the cards aren't the same, you have to look a bit more carefully, no assumptions. I've always liked decks that make me think a bit more carefully about a "standard" meaning.

Good ideas, original thinking, great art, lush details, make lots of money, you earned it.

lunakasha

WOW.....how did I miss this one before????

Hmmm....maybe it was the name??? :eek: LOL!!! Sorry.....

Anyway....I am so glad I checked this one out.....what an amazing, unusual and beautifully dark deck....I am in love!!! :D

I loved Death, the Wheel, the Devil and Chariot....could not view the Moon, Star or Sun for some reason....

I can hardly wait....May 2005??? YIKES....long wait!!! :(

:p Luna