Hermit as how someone feels about you

star-lover

Agree with Fudugazi - This card has come up as the other person feeling lonely without the other person and takes them very seriously and spends alot of thought on them so i disagree with all the he's not interested views - it can mean exactly the opposite - of course the other cards would shed light (excuse the pun lol) on which way to interpret it - just my opinion:D

willowfox

I would suggest that he feels deeply for her, his feelings shine brightly for all to see, and his feelings are probably very pure as well, untainted by selfish desires.

star-lover

willowfox said:
I would suggest that he feels deeply for her, his feelings shine brightly for all to see, and his feelings are probably very pure as well, untainted by selfish desires.

i really like that willow

WolfyJames

The Hermit is looking for the alchemical egg. For romance it could mean that he is looking for something, a certain type of relationship or a certain type of woman and he either has found it with her and he is really happy to have finaly found her... or not, then she does not correspond to what he is looking for.

Sophie

WolfyJames said:
The Hermit is looking for the alchemical egg. For romance it could mean that he is looking for something, a certain type of relationship or a certain type of woman and he either has found it with her and he is really happy to have finaly found her... or not, then she does not correspond to what he is looking for.
Oh, I love that!

Sophie

Solitaire* said:
Here's another one having to do with tarot specifically, and it lists the Lovers and 2 of Cups, among others as being the opposite of the Hermit:

http://www.learntarot.com/maj09.htm
Yes, that's Joan Bunning's view. I have a lot of respect for Joan Bunning, but I disagree with the black and white view of hers in this instance.

I form my own interpretations of the Hermit card following on my experience of it in reading tarot for myself and others, rather than on someone else's experience or the historical study of hermits - though both will inform my own interpretations, of course.

Also - let's not forget that tarot card started its life as Time, not Hermit. In that view, someone's feeling might be - "I don't have much time, I must gather my rosebuds while I may" ;)

Grizabella

Well, it's always helpful to direct people to many sources of information so they can form their own opinions, isn't it? :)

Sophie

Solitaire* said:
Well, it's always helpful to direct people to many sources of information so they can form their own opinions, isn't it? :)
Absolutely! And when one of them is Joan Bunning, unreservedly!

frelkins

The Hermit/Father Time/Prudence is all about withdrawal to do an inner or higher search. Sad to say, I just don't see how the Hermit is an "other directed" card. At the time of the reading, the Hermit's into being alone to his own bad thing by his own bad self. :)