Developing your predictive reading skills

Miss Woo

Selena, two things worth noting:
1) a yes/no question
2) a repeated draw on the same question :)

For me, 'intuitive' interpretation of yes/no answers has never worked. If you want the deck to answer yes or no, perhaps, it's worth trying to use a precise (non-intuitive) method for interpreting the cards. For instance, there's a great yes/no/why spread that doesn't only say yes or no but also gives you some information around the situation (I can dig up the link if you're interested).

It's also helpful to stick to the question you asked and see the cards you drew as the answer. Why would the cards want to echo your question? :) You're the game master, you define the rules.

Okay, I see what you mean, thanks :)

In that case, I think the second answer, (b), is true; and not only is he sexually attracted to me but he cares for me as well because the Cups are about emotions - it's not just about the sex. And it's not out of control desire like the Tower or the Devil - he wouldn't mind having sex with me but he can live without it. That's what I think it means. It might also mean that he feels connected to me on a sexual level. I think the Two of Cups is about connection. That's how I would interpret it.

How did I do? :D

Miss Woo

Oh sorry, I just realised that I didn't phrase the question that way; I actually asked "How does he feel about me sexually?", which isn't a yes or no question :)

Then I think my answer would still be the same.

LeFou

Maybe something like this:

2 of Cups - He's receptive in a "get to know you" fashion (early stage).
4 of Cups - But not actively pursuing it at the moment (obstacle).

It's the early "seed stage," where things might happen, or might not.

dancing_moon

I think you're doing well. :D Perhaps, it would be a good idea to offer some predictive readings for feedback in the Reading Exchanges forum and develop it further.

Good luck!

Miss Woo

Maybe something like this:

2 of Cups - He's receptive in a "get to know you" fashion (early stage).
4 of Cups - But not actively pursuing it at the moment (obstacle).

It's the early "seed stage," where things might happen, or might not.

Yes, I agree. Thank you :)

Miss Woo

I think you're doing well. :D Perhaps, it would be a good idea to offer some predictive readings for feedback in the Reading Exchanges forum and develop it further.

Good luck!

That is a good idea but I'm still not feeling confident enough. I think I'm going to have to study the cards a bit more; and I still haven't found a deck I click with.

I've been sitting for readings in exchange for feedback in the Exchange thread and I feel this has been so helpful with my understanding of the cards. Watching other people use their craft is really helping me to learn.