I'm Just Not Getting It

Pam O

No, I didn't see that group. Thank you. I happened to just get that book. I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Maybe I will do the group and read that.
Mary Greer's book is among the finest out there. When you go thru and do the exercises, you can empower yourself in so many ways.

Dusty White's exercises are also awesome, and his exercises are different from any other out there. I bought my first deck in the late 80s and I am using his exercises to sharpen my intuition so I see messages more quickly, and get deeper insights.

ETA: Here is a link to the exercises. They can be done with, or without, the book in hand...
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=217470

ETA2: I just came across this site by Dusty:
http://easytarotlessons.com/

linnie

Wow, great advice here. Try them all. It may be that you haven´t tried everything or that your decks are not talkative. This can surely happen.
If, however, you still want an extra idea here´s one. Stick with the images and forget the card itself. I looked at your profile and got the 10 of Wands from the Dark Fairytale and the Gilded to exemplify. How can one read them the same way ? You can't ,at last, I know I can't!! Now, pick one and study it asking yourself questions. As if you were investigating a pic taken from a PI. You see a lady. Granted. But how does she feel ? Is she rushing forward or is she taking her time ? Do you sense she is afraid of getting to her destination ? What IS her destination. The castle ? What's in there that interests her so much ? Whose hands are those trying to grab her ? Admirers' or enemies' ? Who planted those wands to show the path to the castle ? Can you tell some time has passed because some are tilted ? Were they tilted by someone ? Did the person before her got to the destination ? What if she keeps going ahead? Is she going to stop at the weird cascade and go back ? What does that represent ? A cold wall ? An obstacle ? Is she going to go through ? Well, you get the picture. When you feel comfortable enough to deal with the card this intimately, ask the lady to turn and look at you. See if she says something. See if she looks happy, sad, mad, etc. Or if she thinks about something that you can "hear". (this part is tricky because it involves more intuition).

If you compare this card with the Gilded rendition, boy, it changes completely. To start with, it's a man. He is quite dressed as opposed to the lady who was more "exposed". His task is being done with a lot of effort and diligence while hers looked like a stroll. He´s moving to the left (past) and not ahead. The wands seem to be of his own making. Etc...

If you're wondering how to put these questions to use, post an arbitrary question and pick a card. We could do this together. :)

I understand that for some readers, this wouldn't work but, it's worth the try. If anything, you will get really acquainted with your cards. Last but most importantly, try to have fun! :love:
That's fantastic, ana luisa :) Those are the kind of details that do arise for me if I'm 'in' to the reading deeply enough, but I've never thought of it so clearly. Thank you from me :)

Pam O

What about taking this opportunity to ask the cards your question to figure out how to break thru your sticking point to get rewarding readings?

If you were going to pull cards for this, what would your spread positions be?
How exactly would you word your question?
What deck would you be intuitively drawn to use?

ana luisa

That's fantastic, ana luisa :) Those are the kind of details that do arise for me if I'm 'in' to the reading deeply enough, but I've never thought of it so clearly. Thank you from me :)

You're welcome, linnie :) Nice to find someone who also likes to read in this "crazy" frame of mind !! :thumbsup:

headincloud

Hi, It helped me doing daily or weekly spreads but only once I started reading the past as well as the future. If we draw cards as you are doing, apply them to the future and then put them away then we haven't really learned anything about how they apply though we've learned about the card itself. Seems it's only once we start to see how they apply to ourself can we successfully read for others so I would suggest carry on as you are doing but stay with the card until the allocated time period has passed and then go back to see how it possibly applied to your life. In doing so we learn to become very attuned to our feelings and events going on around us. If your not seeing yourself in the card yet I would simply suggest patience, it's a long old process so don't get disheartened.

Stick to max of triple card readings until you get a grasp and look for any overlaps or common threads between cards in the spread to pull through. I would also encourage you to scrap positions and angles and just look, julia