my tarot deck in a movie?

Chronata

That is FABULOUS Seven Stars! Congrats!
I think your deck is very cinematic,and photogenic and has the perfect face for the Pictures!

Celtictarot

That is not something you hear about everyday, so well done & 7 Stars! :)

Woohooooo!

(Get the name right though LOL)

Carla

Well, I feel silly for being the only one who doesn't seem to know, but SevenStars, what is your deck??? I am dying to see it now.

Thoughtful

l believe its the Deck of The Bastard.

seven stars

Well, I feel silly for being the only one who doesn't seem to know, but SevenStars, what is your deck??? I am dying to see it now.

yup yup is the Deck of the Bastard

bogiesan

Intellectual property is goverened and protected under several aspects of law and ethical practices in the movie industry. You can research "materials release" for a few hours and either get all weirded out or gently reassured.

You are not limited to their release form's language; you can write in your own and cross out some of theirs. You exchange the form back of forth via fax until you both agree on the content. This is rarely necessary, though, there just isn't much at stake here. You want to be adequately compensated and you want to be protected against, say, your artwork being used as a rationalization for something you do not believe in. Again, rarely necessary. Each party has to have some trust. As a provider of some props that may or may not appear in a scene or two, you don't get producer's or editorial rights.

And, you know how it is with art, once you cash the check, it's no longer yours.

celticnoodle

I am!!! I don't think this is a mainstream movie - like, Glenn Close isn't going to star in it I'm sure....this is what the note said:

Hello!
Your cards are beautiful and so lovely! I am producing an independent feature film on Tarot and was wondering if I purchased your cards if you would allow the production to feature them in the film; our main actress would be using them for Tarot readings. We would need you to sign a materials release form which would allow us to use your cards in the film. You would also receive credit in the film as the artist, which will be shown at various film festivals in Los Angeles.

I've only just seen this, so congratulations Seven Stars! :thumbsup: this is SOO cool!!! I agree with whomever it was that said to bring along many decks with your signature on them and sell them. Also, don't forget your business cards too--in case you run out of decks and people want to buy a signed copy--then they can send you payment and request a signed copy perhaps.

Good Luck and keep us posted! this is very exciting!!!

seven stars

I messaged her, she thought going out there with decks for the premiere was a fabulous idea, so, I sure hope the movie actually gets finished & out there, I know sometimes the deals fall through. But, here's hoping.

celticnoodle

stay positive sevenstars! it'll happen! Let us know too when it does happen. Especially if it is something that will go out nationally/world wide. it'd be way cool to watch--I know I want to see it if possible. way cool!!! :thumbsup:

canid

That's wonderful!! Free PR!! Believe it or not, sometimes negative PR is much more effective, psychologically speaking (although it doesn't sound like it will be a negative movie, but still, even if it is, it'll still increase your sales drastically.) It's all about exposure! Beautiful deck BTW.