How do you deal with weird questions?

ravenest

Ravenest, if you are talking about me - reading the cards before seeing a doctor. (Yes I am going to assume you are) I am not saying the cards will help my medical condition. I am saying I could learn to read the cards through practical daily happenings - just as one would draw a daily card to see if the day is described by the cards. Please don't tell me tarot is not for me if I intend to use it for fortune telling - then again, I probably am not as 'evolved' as you are. If I am not interested in tarot reading, why bother to draw cards and see if it relates to any real life events?

Nup, I missed that - is it in this thread? I thought I have read most of it?

[ Edit: Errrmmmm ... I went back to look Friture as your name doesnt seem familiar and ummmm .... you havent even posted in this thread before that post :confused: ]

I wasnt refering to you. I was referring to what I said; about what my doctor friend was telling me about some type of his patients.

I noticed a similar dynamic with some of my tarot clients, sometimes they just want to chat things over with someone, a busy doctor might not be the right person, a tarot reader may or may not be and if not - maybe take a walk in the park and talk about it with a good friend - even if both of you are into doing tarot with each other.

ravenest

And I will assume no 'speci-al' differentiation exists between myself and other posters as I am (still) Homo sapiens sapiens, unless you are telling me Homo sapiens idaltu is still amongst us and can use the internet ? :joke:

Nineveh

I concur - it really isn't that hard. I've answered questions like 'does he (a deceased beloved) know I just want to end it all (presumably suicide)?' to 'will my food cook well?' I am a skeptic of past lives yet I read when asked, and got curious myself to see what the cards say. I don't exactly believe astral traveling works but when asked this question I try to read what the cards say. I do not like cheating in relationships/marriage and all sorts of affairs yet when asked questions related to this I read what the card says.

Ha, ha! How interesting is that? I was a skeptic about past lives but as a child I began having visions of a young woman being murdered. According to the clothes tbat she and her assasin were wearing she was murdered during the same era I was born. It had recently ocurred to me that it could have been the last day of my past llfe that I was seeing. Then the research began.

magpie9

It can be tricky. My friend who is the professional rune reader got a question: "How I can meet my Guardian Angel?" Well, answer was pretty clear - "you must die first". At least, this was the message from the runes. Lady intended to see her Guardian Angel in the full glory, just to make it clear ;)

The thing about the Runes is that they come from a culture with nothing at all like guardian angels. Hell,the Gods didn't even notice you unless you did something impressive to catch their attention. You have to stay in context, no matter what tools you are using.

The thing about fortunetelling is that mostly, it's what people want to know. I loooove giving spirituL path readings...but 9/10 of my clients want to know if they'l get the job, or what he really thinks of them. It's human nature. I don't have to approve of their questions, though sometimes I have to re-word them for the sake of clarity...or the question behind the question hidden within...the real issue.
Sometimes if we think of ourselves as non-judgmental clarifiers rather than readers,we are more effective and better readers.
There isn't much I won't read on, anymore.

Owl Song

magpie, I really love your mindset of "non-judgmental clarifiers." I think that's a very positive place to come from. I like that so much, I'm adding it to my toolkit. :) Thank you!

Cenozoic

Hi there!! :)
I have started to do free readings for people I don't know, so that I can improve my tarot reading skills.
I have started to receive questions that I personally find inappropriate. There is a wide set that goes from "will I get that job?" or "when wil I find the man/woman of my dreams? tell me about his/her look" to "what can I do to speak with the angels?".
A part of me would say these people that they have completely missed the point, that I'm not a fortune teller and bla bla bla... On the other hand I think that everyone deserves a kind word. So every time I try to rephrase the question at my best. But I feel the overall situation quite oppressive.
I'd love to hear your opinions in regard.

Hey silverwinter,

I'm personally not sure why you find these questions weird, since they seem like very common questions to me at least. People will usually ask about finances, love, and maybe about the otherworld if they're interested in that.

I would like to know your point of view in greater detail, like why you find these questions inappropriate, what point did people miss, and why you're not a fortune teller.

Metafizzypop

^^^^^This. I'm wondering about the same things as Cenozoic. And also wondering what might be a NON-weird question to you.

silverwinter

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences! I find them really interesting and full of important teachings to me, I certainly will follow your advice. :)

To whom is asking, there are questions I don't feel comfortable with and I find them WEIRD from MY point of view about life and spirituality. Also, I'm not so presumptuous to judge and say that angels don't exist or that's not possible to tell fortune with Tarot cards. I'm sorry if my words left someone upset, I really dindn't mean. And I also don't think that the "ok questions" are necessarily only about love and work.
In my opinion Tarot cards are a tool that help us understand better ourselves and our environment, and can help us uncover our ouwn subconscious desires, truth and inner workings of our mind. I believe that tarot can help us to shape the future we want.
That is why I said I find these situations oppressive. I'm a beginner with readings to the "public", and since I really love to help people I just want to do the right thing for both.

nisaba

To whom is asking, there are questions I don't feel comfortable with and I find them WEIRD from MY point of view about life and spirituality. Also, I'm not so presumptuous to judge
But you *are* judging! You judge these questions as weird because the people who asked them don't have the same world-view you do. Newsflash - only a tiny, tiny minority of clients will ever have the same world-view as the reader.

seedcake

The thing about the Runes is that they come from a culture with nothing at all like guardian angels. Hell,the Gods didn't even notice you unless you did something impressive to catch their attention. You have to stay in context, no matter what tools you are using.

They will answer if they allow. I'm not using runes 'cause it's not my tradition at all. But what I've learned from my friend it's that, you can get an answer for any kind of question, even about Guardian Angel. I experienced such thing too. I consulted my friend about spiritual things and I got the answer 'cause runes or other source of power, allowed me to get the answer through them.

The thing about fortunetelling is that mostly, it's what people want to know. I loooove giving spirituL path readings...but 9/10 of my clients want to know if they'l get the job, or what he really thinks of them. It's human nature. I don't have to approve of their questions, though sometimes I have to re-word them for the sake of clarity...or the question behind the question hidden within...the real issue.
Sometimes if we think of ourselves as non-judgmental clarifiers rather than readers,we are more effective and better readers.
There isn't much I won't read on, anymore.

So agree with this. I'm interested in more spiritual work but most of the people who are asking me for a reading, want "traditional" things - job or relationships.