First time reading at a club

Ruya

Hi all, this is for those of you who read professionally.

I've been doing more events, and have my first club gig coming up next weekend. I have a small sign I usually put on my table with a few spread options & pricing, but I don't think that's a good idea for this event. I don't think I should offer more than 2 choices, or maybe even just 1. Would choice of single card or three card work in a club? With pricing of $5/1 card & $10/3 cards? My bread n butter is a 5 card reading, so that's what I do the most of but that requires more talking than I think people/I ;) will want at a noisy club. I appreciate any input/advice. Thanks!

Padma

I have read at noisy clubs in the past, when I did read professionally. I often used the Celtic Cross, and it was $20. I would also do three cards for $10 and 1 for $5. I found that as long as you were decisive and quick in the explanation, even the Celtic Cross posed no problem. You are correct in thinking your sitters don't want to be sat there for ages. If you are fast on your feet, and can quickly scan the spread and intuit the person/cards, and read, then it doesn't really matter what spread you use.

Most people really only have one question that is burning an obsessive hole through their mind, their other questions are on the back burner - so any way you can best quickly answer the one burning question is the winning one. Maybe check the "your Spreads" sub-forum here, for a workhorse spread with a maximum of 7 cards or so that will do the trick in a way that serves both you, and your client. That way, you can offer just the one spread, with also the one card option.

The best option, I found, when doing clubs was to agree with the club owner for a set price; those clubs that are generous enough to hire you for their customers are the best ones to work for. This way, I would be paid, say, $200 for my night's work by the club owner. I would be at the club from 6 p.m. till midnight; and the clientele did not need to pay. I was a draw to pull people in, and the club would be willing to pick up the tab. If you can get that scenario, it is ideal for all!

Good luck with your club work!

ETA I can't see why your five carder wouldn't work, if you are able to fly through it...then you'd have 1, three and 5 card options to offer...?