Synchronicity

JSNYC

JSNYC said:
(The Pauli-Jung Conjecture contains the correspondence between Jung and Wolfgang Pauli who, after being a student of the psychiatrist Jung, became a strong proponent of Jung's philosophy. Wolfgang Pauli was a famous physicist who, along with Heisenberg and Bohr, was a principal proponent of quantum physics in opposition to Einstein.)
Since the forum is closing I should correct this error before the forum is frozen. I mischaracterized the contents of the book The Pauli-Jung Conjecture. The book Atom and Archetype edited by C. A. Meier contains the correspondence between Jung and Wolfgang Pauli whereas the book The Pauli-Jung Conjecture contains a series of (relatively modern) academic papers on synchronicity, which is based on the collaboration of Jung and Pauli.

In addition I should qualify my statement that Jung never mentioned Tarot to specify that he never mentioned it in his collected works, with the single exception cited above, and he never did an analysis of Tarot like he did the Yijing. However, he did mention Tarot in Visions : Notes of the seminar given in 1930-1934 edited by Claire Douglas (along with possibly other notes, letters, and lectures outside his Collected Works that I am unaware of):

Originally Posted by C. G. Jung

Another strange field of occult experience in which the hermaphrodite appears is the Tarot. That is a set of playing cards, such as were originally used by the gypsies. There are Spanish specimens, if I remember rightly, as old as the fifteenth century. These cards are really the origin of our pack of cards, in which the red and the black symbolize the opposites, and the division by four - clubs, spades, diamonds, and hearts - also belongs to the individuation symbolism. They are psychological images, symbols with which one plays, as the unconscious seems to play with its contents. They combine in certain ways, and the different combinations correspond to the playful development of events in the life of mankind. One could really say that the movement of images in the unconscious coincided with the movement of events in the history of mankind. The original cards of the Tarot consist of the ordinary cards, the king, the queen, the knight, the ace, etc., - only the figures are somewhat different - and besides, there are twenty-one cards upon which are symbols, or pictures of symbolical situations. For example, the symbol of the sun, or the symbol of the man hung up by the feet, or the tower struck by lightning, or the wheel of fortune, and so on. Those are sort of archetypal ideas, of a differentiated nature, which mingle with the ordinary constituents of the unconscious. The Tarot in itself is an attempt at representing the constituents of the flow of the unconscious, and therefore it is applicable for a intuitive method that has the purpose of understanding the flow of life, possibly even predicting future events, at all events lending itself to the reading of the conditions of the present moment. It is in that way analogous to the I Ching, the Chinese divination method that allows at least a reading of the present conditions. You see, man always felt the need of finding an access through the unconscious to the meaning of an actual condition, because there is a sort of correspondence or a likeness between the prevailing condition and the condition of the collective unconscious.

Now in the Tarot there is a hermaphroditic figure called the diable. That would be in alchemy the gold. In other words, such an attempt as the union of opposites appears to the Christian mentality as devilish, something evil which is not allowed, something belonging to black magic.

I employed the term Weltanschauung as a loanword. My experience with the word is primarily within the context of Mathematical Logic and Analytical Philosophy (where in English translations the word was generally left untranslated, I don't speak German). I think the word should be employed similar to the perpetually mistranslated Hindu term Maya. Maya is typically translated as Illusion, but as Sir John Woodroffe (aka Arthur Avalon) wrote almost a century ago this is a "misleading rendering of the word". (The World as Power pg. 165.)

In addition, I will mention that welt may be translated as “world” and anschauung, although often translated as “perception” or “view”, is the word that Kant used for “Intuition” (or “Sense-Intuition”), which may be considered to be similar to what the Hindus called the Manas.

In closing I will also mention that the dichotomy that has been constructed within the Tarot community of the “meditative” (seeking self-knowledge) and “fortune-telling” (predicting the future) aspects of Tarot may be considered to reflect the broader dichotomy of “mind” and “matter”. However, I would say that the “meditative” and “fortune-telling” aspects of Tarot as well as the "mind" and "matter" aspects of reality are both Maya.

The time appears to have ended to say any more. So I will leave you with a link. This is a discussion on synchronicity that includes Harald Atmanspacher:

Synchronicity On the Spectrum of Mind and Matter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt7MQ-jJTjU