Sabian Symbols Study Group: Gemini 27 - #87

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: GEMINI
Degree: 27
Number: 87

Symbol: A YOUNG GYPSY, EMERGING FROM THE WOODS, GAZES AT FAR CITIES.

Simone

Natural curiosity, maybe wanting to change things, but tied in by a specific tradition and upbringing.

This young gipsy may yearn for the cities, but she also knows that those places will conflict with her background and it would call for radical changes in her life to be able to really survive there.

It's like looking at pictures of foreign cultures, the berbers, native americans, black african clans, and wishing you could be there, yet knowing full well that you wouldn't fit in, you wouldn't be able to survive easily.

You can gather as much knowledge about those places as you want - really living there will always be a challenge, and unless you're really up to it, just travel there in your mind and fantasy, lest you disrupt your life and theirs...

It's about wishes and reasonably pondering their feasability...

MCsea

Dr Jones Key Word Expenditure

Body Point Fingers
Element Smithsonite

Simone yea - I think its wishing - longing for something thats not currently available in the gypsy girls life..

Freedom, life, nature, alternative life styles, colour, individuality and yes judgement, I am well aware of the reputation 'gypsies' have.... I wont go into do they deserve it or not - its just the 'alternative' in a way...
oh and travelling, she can VIEW the city from many places.. she is free to change perspective..

MARINA

tink27

Marina, I was laughing so hard (funny bone) I couldn't find this thread! Thank you...how utterly releasing!

Now to our little gypsy!

The forest, is a place where many different heroes have had to confront their enemies (dark self, shadowself) and triumph over their own fears and injustices. This young gypsy (probably in their teens) has been on a journey (the rite of passage), the ‘coming of age’ where we hear the call to do and express our higher purpose. It’s where we look backwards and forwards but….which direction to go!

‘Gazes at far cities’… hmm this is more a place of one’s reasoning and imagination where we would like to do something before we actually go for it. The system we talked of before is maturing, the body that has been growing by leaps and bounds is now slowing down, its basic development created. The young gypsy hungers to know more about the world. What to listen to, the mind or the heart?

But first we she/he has to accept their feelings and the drive that keeps pushing them to express themselves and understand the why’s and why not’s. It can be an emotional time but at the same time an extremely creative one.

This is an awakening of the Self, of trusting the Self which can only be learned through experience…through life’s hard experiences, through frustration, pain, sometimes through a betrayal.

tink

tink27

Body part: The fingers (the thumb isn’t a finger)
I’ve tried to simplify this the best way I could. TOh my there's so much information to share.

The index finger (Jupiter) represents not only our intuition and inspiration but also our relationship with others. It also represents (Jupiter) our curiosity and our desire to explore. The index finger and can also show us a person who sees the world (young gypsy) differently from others.
This finger is connected to the heart chakra, intestines and stomach meridian. It shows us how we accept life and its many facets’, how we work through it (digest) and how good we are at letting go.
________
The middle finger (Saturn) is also known as the ‘heavenly finger’ and is connected to the throat chakra, the gateway to the spiritual world. But before we gain access we need or should ground (take charge of) our energies in this world. It’s here we seek a way (communicate, express) to bring out and create our special talents and abilities. When we ‘come of age’ we hear a call from a Divine or Higher Purpose, and once we hear it, it won’t let us go!
Both the circulation meridian and gallbladder flows through this finger, helping us to reach out and master the many challenges of our life. The gallbladder rules our decisions, the circulation meridian is the life-force, our drive, our ability to risk and take action.
___

The Ring Finger is associated with Apollo, the Sun god and the 1st Chakra which works as an anchor for our spirit. The meridian here is the liver. This meridian and 1st chakra helps us to endure, root, pioneer and direct! The color here is red, the color of passion, energy and warmth. In our adolescent years this chakra marks a time of looking at our identity of making choices between family and our own individuality.

____

The Baby Finger is associated with Mercury (communication, self-expression) and the 2nd chakra (sex, power, creativity). The meridian in this finger is the heart. (interestingly the heart meridian is connects to the tongue and when not flowing properly can affect our speech. All muscles associated with the heart meridian is the sub-scapularis (shoulder blade) – which is responsible for rotation of the arm. Wow! I really see the connection of all the symbols here in relation to the ‘body parts’!

Green the color of the leaves, trees and all that grows green…..ah to walk through the woods, the smells, the sights the pleasures as we take in the energy of the great pines, the strength of the tress, fairies and wood spirits. Ohh and coupled with the feelings of love, especially a new love where we see only the beauty in the world, a time where we feel we can do just about anything…an ecstatic moment, an orgasmic moment that lifts us even for just a moment into other dimensions, other realms.

This symbol is perhaps the start of the hero/heroine’s journey, a never-ending journey on the rollercoaster called life!

tink

MCsea

OHHHHH and dont Gypsies give the BEST PALM READINGS! - traditionally they USE fingers for the readings - not just the palms... :)
They read WITH their fingers - and read off the fingers..

thank you TINK

MARINA

Simone

Oh, Marina this is interesting!

I am of gypsy descent, and at one point in time, before I knew that piece of information, i was doing palm readings - INCLUDING the fingers :)

I had not learned anything about it and still haven't - I go (went, its been a loong time since I last did that!) purely on intuition and feeling there...

MCsea

Hi Simone - ahh a long lost relative, I TOO have gypsy blood.. English Romany..

Like you I was 'mature' before we found out we had some special DNA ;)

Yes I read palms for a little while, fingers and all, intuition like you said, something about the energy at the tips it was like - luminous!

MARINA

Simone

Unfortunately, we don't know exactly where the lady (who married one of my ancestors and stayed) came from... It's several generations back and records were lost. Eastern Europe somewhere most probably, judging by our cheekbones and chins ;)

As to luminous fingertips - those were not my experience, but a general feeling of the person's energy when I touched them!

MCsea

I think my exagerated description let me down, luminous finger tips...
yes its like a clear extension of the persons energy - that can be 'seen' or felt more clearly... I have had one reading in Ottawa by a lady who did the same sort of reading too.

Marina