Antidepressants and your intuition.

Umbrae

EVERYTYHING you put into your body affect you and your whole being (which includes intuition and psychic abilities).

Refined chemical compounds (pharmaceuticals) have a stronger quicker affect than say, Broccoli or Cabbage.

They say that “You are what you eat” this includes everything.

Stop eating for 90 days and death will surely follow. Stop drinking water and death rapidly occurs.

Everything you eat affects your readings – and your life.

If you think that I’m talking crap, change your diet to nothing but Twinkies and beer for a 90-day period and see what happens to your life.

You are what you eat. You are what you breathe. You are exactly who you think you are.

The universe is your mirror.

And change is the easiest thing in the world to initiate.

jayem

i recently was put on fluoxetine (generic prozac) for anger management and depression. so far, i havent felt any intuition disturbances, but i will say that every card is kind of amplified. the maj. arcs, though usually strong, are now even stronger to me. i also feel im able to concentrate a lot more on a spread because, especially within the 2 hours after i take my pills, i am intensely calm.

sharpchick

Umbrae said:
Refined chemical compounds (pharmaceuticals) have a stronger quicker affect than say, Broccoli or Cabbage.

I dunno, Umbrae. . . cruciferous veggies have a pretty immediate effect on my body. . . :smoker:

Astrae

I take Zoloft for mood stabilization, and at first it was something I had to adjust to.

In the beginning, it really affected my ability to focus and my ability to remain neutral during the course of a reading. I had to remind myself to stay objective and to stay focused.

That being said, I'm sure not everyone would have the same side-effects, as it were. It was something I had to adjust to, but now I don't feel like it negatively influences my intuition or the way I read.

Miren

sharpchick said:
And if you are going to stop taking your medication, please do it under the direction of your doctor who prescribed it. Abruptly stopping some of these drugs can make you feel as bad as you were before you started them.

Indeed. And you may feel bad anyway but at least you and your doctor are talking about it!

rcb30872

In all honesty I wouldn't know, I have been on anti-depressants for say 4 years now, I have never once gone off them, however they are a reduced dosage. Out of all of that time that I have been on anti-depressants, and, well, my whole life, I have only read the tarot and all of that for the last 2 years. But now that you mention it, looking back when I wasn't taking them, I find the opposite, my intuition is better because I do take them, or maybe it is because I am in a better state of mind than I was say back then, who knows??

EarthAngel2911

Reading these posts has been intensely interesting for me. My doctor just prescribed Zoloft for me because of my panic attacks. Just last weekend I checked myself into the Emergency Room because I thought I was having a heart attack. Of course it turned out to be a panic attack. But I can only assume that medication will help me at this point.

When I'm having a panic attack I cannot think at all. I can hardly breathe and all I think about is what is making me panic. In times like those, I never even pull out my cards because I can't be objective. It's just the most horrible, uncontrollable feeling. I can only hope that Zoloft will help me in this area. Of course, I'm not sure how it will affect my readings. When I do readings when *not* panicked, I find that my intuition speaks pretty loudly to me. I'll be curious to see how Zoloft will affect my intuition during normal times....

Grizabella

If you're under a doctor's care, trust the doctor. If he thinks you need a prescription, educate yourself about what you're going to be taking, but don't assume he's part of a greater conspiracy with the drug companies, because he's not. If you need therapy, then accept therapy. Do whatever it takes to help yourself by trusting those with a greater education in whatever area it is that you're seeking help. That's what you're paying them for. Don't rely on the advice of neighbors and friends and others who haven't got degrees in medicine or psychology.

If you do all that, it's going to definitely help your intuition by helping you regain the mental and emotional stability that you need. Trust the process. Nothing is going to shut down your intuition totally. If you're having problems emotionally, that's a greater threat to you for the time being than a little clouding of your intuition which is probably going to clear up anyway, once you adjust to the medication.

I've had therapy and I've taken medications. Unfortunately, right now I have to be on quite a bit of medication that some might think would greatly cloud my intuition. I haven't found it to be a handicap at all. It's a matter of keeping a good spiritual program, believing in myself and most of all, trusting my Higher Power.

TheOld

i totally disagree that someone should trust doctor!!
don't trust other but trust yourself, and if by all means don't trust someone that want to give you some medicine that are done by pharmaceutical company..

It's not beaucause someone have some degree in medecine that he really know what he do, it only proves that he know what university have teach him.

Knowledge is a lot bigger than that, we have solution that are just not use because the pharmaceutical company will not make cash with them...
ex: Iboga is a tree in africa that cures alchoolism and other drugs abuse in 1 times most of the times but it's not use by drugs company because 1 shot cure don't make lot of cash !!!

THERE IS CONSPIRACY, and you should not trust doctor and pharmaceutical cie..

Do you know that pharmaceutical cie give trips to other stuff to doctor if the prescribe their product ?

I know what i'm talking about, my brother is a doctor, my sister in law a pharmacist and i study healing for 10 years but but but don't thrust me, make your one research, look how people can be addicted to antidepressor...

do you know that it's verry painfull to stop taking these medication ?

think twice before taking theses stuff ?

Accept your difficulties, accept your depression , they are theres because you have a deeper problem, they are there to help you grow.

i can't even stress enough the importance of this, don't, don't , don't take anti depressor.

have you AT LEAST, look at sceletium/kanna which is a natural antidepressor ?

and if at last you still want to take it, it will be your choice and your problems after ...

Omeada Lusvam

rcb30872

Very interesting TheOld, but if I had to choose between taking anti-depressants and dealing with all the side effects and being dead from my own hand, I would choose anti-depressants any day.

Sure, some people don't have to take medications for their complaints, like the whole ritolin for ADHD children, but some people do!! Despite what you say, they should go to the doctor if they are worried or suspect something is wrong, but like you said, use your own judgement whether you should take the advised medication. But, yet again, having a mental illness does impair your judgement, I have come across some people that are plain paranoid, I have seen them in the hospital, and they say that they don't want to take more blood than is necessary because the government might get DNA from it, and have them placed on some sort of database or something or rather. Oh, by the way, I used to take blood from people for blood tests, I have come across a huge variety of people, let me tell you!

Oh, another thing TheOld, sometimes mental illnesses are froma basis of a chemical imbalance, and dealing with whatever caused you to have the mental illness in the first place, is not enough, you need to correct the balance. I take serotonin based anti-depressant, yeah, I know, that I can't suddenly come of them, that I have to be weaned off them, but now what my life is like compared to what it was, and if I didn't take the medication I might not even be here, yes, it was that bad!!! I would rather just take it until I am completely off them, it is a price, but one that I am more than willing to take!!