Do things happen when you read for others?

.traveller.

Yeah, strange question but I am serious. When you read for others, do things/events begin occurring in your life? Good things, bad things, like energies have been unleashed and have become keys to unlock various doors?

This question has been bugging me for a while, but I hesitated to ask.

(sitting forlornly, shuffling my cards)

The crowned one

No, not really. During the time of the reading I personally am effected but not my surroundings as near as I can tell.

firefrost

F2f readings are a rareity with me but no, nothing noticable ever happened.

I often feel really good in myself when I find a reading flowing online if that's any good to you.

Alta

In a sense, though possibly not quite the way you describe. When reading for others I quite often have tiny 'aha' moments as I put together ideas that had formerly been separate in my mind. In fact, I am astounded how much I have developed just by the acts of reading the cards for others, who, I hope, benefited on their topics.

Marion

LaurelRae

Yes they do. I'm just a beginner so my answer is going to to on the simplistic side, when I'm working/studying regularly with tarot little synchronistic things happen, like getting a parking place near the entrance at walmart. When my kids are home from school in the summer and I don't use the cards regularly...then no close parking places. And as you grow in knowledge your spirit guide/higher self/god may make themself known to you, and you will have a choice about where you want your path to take you...a more spiritual path...a more experienced card reader...or something else altogether. Since I have no experience with this I will quit talking now and remind you to be sure and use a grounding/protecting ritual before using your cards. But I won't be surprised if things like this happen. Is this the sort of thing you're talking about or am I floating off the planet again?

Master_Margarita

.traveller. said:
Yeah, strange question but I am serious. When you read for others, do things/events begin occurring in your life? Good things, bad things, like energies have been unleashed and have become keys to unlock various doors?

Hm. Sorry you're having a tough time, .traveller.

I have had times in my life when changes start happening. I've never associated any such times in my life with reading for others. Once, it seemed to happen when I started acupuncture, but that could have been an effect of the other changes as easily the cause of other changes.

So you may be correct in associating the two things but not correct about causation.

Does that help?

M_M~

firemaiden

.traveller. said:

Yes. Exactly that. Good things. When I read for others, it seems energies become unleashed and are like keys to unlock various doors. Usually opera jobs start coming my way when I read :) It seems to open some kind of good vibes channel.

Of course I have to balance that with the amount of time I spend reading for others. If I spend 40 hours doing one reading and neglect my singing all week, it's not so good.

satine

This may be slightly different from what you are talking about, but a few funny things have happened, but I suspect no more than before I started reading tarot; I think I am just more aware of these things now. Just a few weeks ago I was driving with my daughter riding in the backseat. My sister called on my cell phone, and I talked briefly to her, referencing in "code" a "tower situation" I was dealing with at the time. I thought I was being subtle, hung up the phone, and then heard my daughter say from the backseat, "Look mommy, you're on Temple Avenue!" ha. Teaches me to try to keep something from my psychic babes. ;)

.traveller.

mmphf?

(a pair of large brown eyes peers out from under the blanket)

You understand what I am referring to? People have mentioned balance, inadvertently this has given me something to ponder.

I've been spending a lot of energy keeping doors shut, but when I read for others, I cannot maintain my focus on both the querent and those doors.

Apparently, I am resisting change. And when I read, Change comes tearing through my life like a demented gremlin... flinging open doors that I wish to remain shut.

firemaiden

Sounds good, traveller. Like what? ;)