Book of Law Study Group 1.55

ravenest

All I can think of is Crowley's alledged 'magical child' who was supposed to come along and give us a varient and clearer (?) viewpoint of the previous line ;
Change not as much as the style of a letter; for behold! thou, o prophet, shalt not behold all these mysteries hidden therein.

But child of thy bowels? Must be some old meaning that gives that phrase revelence ... let's hope!

But here we have an interesting catch (22) in that the comment says to understand by ref to AC's writings yet AC shll not behold all these mysteries hidden therein. ???

Always Wondering

ravenest said:
But child of thy bowels? Must be some old meaning that gives that phrase revelence ... let's hope!

2 Samuel 7:12: said:
And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.

Doesn't explain much to me. But I did read that Crowley might have been influcenced by the King James Bible growing up. It was exactaly this kind of talk that made my drift far, far, away in Sunday School. :laugh:

AW

cardlady22

Could this have something to do with the flip-flop between what we mean we (modern) refer to the head/mind vs. heart? I've read in various places that older texts & writings use heart to mean the mind; and that the belly or bowels mean the emotions which are a response to things.

ETA: So, we are using the "hint" of vau in or on geburah for this verse?

Always Wondering

cardlady said:
Could this have something to do with the flip-flop between what we mean we (modern) refer to the head/mind vs. heart? I've read in various places that older texts & writings use heart to mean the mind; and that the belly or bowels mean the emotions which are a response to things.
Well that makes some sense in my mind cardlady. Don't you think they knew where babies came from back in King James' time? :laugh:

cardlady said:
ETA: So, we are using the "hint" of vau in or on geburah for this verse?
James Eschelman has this footnote in his comment, if that helps.

Interestingly, this is verse 55. It may, therefore, have a specific relationship to Malkuth and to Heh-final.

AW

cardlady22

the symbolism of the number 55 ?

Where can I find some more info about 55? If it's too much of a tangent, please let me know by PM. It's used in a set of calculations for playing cards and I'm dying to know if there is a deeper meaning behind the choice.

Always Wondering

According to the Sepher Sephiroth

55 is the Mystic Number of Malkuth

Also listed

Thief; stole
Robbery, pillage
Silence
A footstool
To swell, heave
To walk
Knuckle; member, limb
The bride
Noon; midday
Ornament

Reduced
55>10>1

For a start.
Someone else :( will have to come along for something more thoughtful and elaborate.

AW

ravenest

Well ... that didnt help at all did it?

I'm still going with the magical child take on this line. I'm interpreting bowels in the old sense (like loins used to be used in place of sexual organs).

The SY gematria on 55 seems varied, it seemed to be suggesting something with the first few terms but then changes (as it does). I guess one could figure the value of 'bowels' ... I'm not big on this type of gemmatria (unless one wants to analyse the equivlent word in Hebrew for bowels, but the original was not written in Hebrew was it?)

It seems least illogical (says Mr. Spock) that it is refering to the magical child ... and more illogical to give this line a strained varient meaning.

It does seem to follow suggestions placed throughout the book though that AC was not going to 'get' everything revealed therein ?