Magickal Writings Of Ithell Colquhoun

anubis777

Hello everyone,
I wanted to know if anyone has purchased this book or downloaded it from Lulu because the book contains over 100 pages on information/lectures on the Major Arcanum. If someone out there has can you let me know what you think of the material on the Majors & if the book/download is worth getting? Also if you could include any info on any card to share it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....

thorhammer

Hi, anubis777

I've not heard of this book - are you saying that the 100 pages are devoted to the Thoth tarot specifically? For the small price of the download, it seems at least worth a look.

There is an extensive card-by-card Study Group for this deck - see the Index. Not all cards are covered just yet, as it is, like all the other Study Groups, a work in progress :) I see from your profile that you've been working with the Thoth for some time - no doubt you would have lots to add to the Group :)

\m/ Kat

rif

I've heard good things about it, but haven't ever read it.

I thought it has a bit more than tarot to it.

thorhammer

Here's the link to the lulu listing. There seem to be two, differently priced but otherwise appearing identical :confused:

\m/ Kat

anubis777

Thanks fyreflye & everyone else for the reply & links. Her cards are way to out there to read its like looking at ink blot charts. I assumed the cards where based on the Thoth deck but again not 100% sure. So i will hold off on the book/download for now unless i find out some new info & if the lectures are based on the Thoth Tarot. I really appreciate everyones help that's what i like about this forum people are very helpful to others so thanks again friends.

thorhammer

I wouldn't write the book off so fast, anubis - like fyreflye says, Ms Colquhoun sounds like a very interesting part of the Western mystery tradition's history, and the book certainly can't detract from your knowledge of the Thoth deck. It might not be specifically geared towards it, but then the Thoth does draw on an astonishing breadth of subject matter; many things are relevant to the study of it.

I have books coming out my ears; nevertheless, I'll be purchasing that download sooner rather than later ;) And while I'm here - thanks for bringing lulu to my attention, as I had never heard of it and it looks to be quite an interesting resource!

\m/ Kat