Book of Law Study Group 1.60

ravenest

similia said:
So..... Nuit lovers.... cough it up. What's the secret? :D

Kiss and tell? Not me! But better than one probably imagines.

Liber Nv guys, Liber Nv!

Sure, read Liber Al, intellectually examine, gemmatrasize, symbolise, etc, etc, but ... eventually, to expereince, one must bite the apple.

As kat said earlier, seems like a recipie developing here. We are at the point in Ch I where Nuit is saying, do this, do that, go here, burn this ... it's not just empty conversation.

http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib11.html

Grigori

OK point taken, but...

ravenest said:
Liber Nv guys, Liber Nv!

Sure, read Liber Al, intellectually examine, gemmatrasize, symbolise, etc, etc, but ... eventually, to expereince, one must bite the apple.

As kat said earlier, seems like a recipie developing here. We are at the point in Ch I where Nuit is saying, do this, do that, go here, burn this ... it's not just empty conversation.

Liber NV said:
o. First let the Aspirant learn in his heart the First Chapter of THE BOOK OF THE LAW (Instruction of V.V.V.V.V).

Steady on mate ;) We're working on it!
(to be read with a very broad Australia accent while picturing me crawling out from under a ute with a beer in one hand and a spanner in the other)

Aeon418

ravenest said:
I can't find the exact quote, but I remember AC saying that Liber AL was primarily an appeal to the emotions, not the intellectual mind. So reading it is more like the experience you get with good poetry. You should be swept along with the rhythm and be intoxicated by it. But if you stop to criticize the grammar or spelling mistakes you're missing the whole point.

Always Wondering

Aeon418 said:
You should be swept along with the rhythm and be intoxicated by it.

Oh, what a relief. I thought it was just me. Because I swear sometimes I look back at what I posted and wonder what in the heck got into me? :| :laugh:

AW