Book of Law Study Group 1.62

Always Wondering

I got the large Thoth deck recently and pulled the Star today. It really helped pull this chapter together for me as we wind down. I am a little awe struck, actually.

I've learned so much from you all.

:heart:

AW

Grigori

The Star card is a lovely image to go with this line. Glad you pulled it today AW :)

Always Wondering

At all my meetings with you shall the priestess say— and her eyes shall burn with desire as she stands bare and rejoicing in my secret temple— To me! To me! calling forth the flame of the hearts of all in her love-chant.

Of The Ceremony Of The Opening Of The Veil. In the Gnostic Mass.

AW

Aeon418

One way to interpret the "priestess" is as the Path of Gimel and Atu II The Priestess. She represents the supernal consciousness passing through the Abyss to Tiphareth, where the K&C takes place. In this light the "secret temple" may be interpreted as an internal temple (the Heart?) where we meet with the HGA.

Always Wondering

I haven't replied because you got me thinking of Da'at. And it doesn't exist. And I can't think of anything to ask. (I wish there was a cross-eyed smiley to insert here.)

AW

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
I haven't replied because you got me thinking of Da'at. And it doesn't exist. And I can't think of anything to ask. (I wish there was a cross-eyed smiley to insert here.)
I'm not sure how I got you thinking about that. I didn't mention Da'ath. ;)
But you're right. Da'ath does not exist. It's a pseudo sephira. It's the place of the root of the perception of separateness. It's the relationship between separate things.

There's a saying that goes, "when Da'ath is, Kether is not; when Kether is, Da'ath is not". You can have Knowledge of God or Union with God, but not both at the same time.

Always Wondering

You got me thinking about the Priestess and the Tree. One of the charts I have, though not Crowley's, has the Priestess on the path of Gimel, but also she appears to be in or over Da'at.
Oh heck, I just wanted a map to the secret temple and the HGA. :laugh:

Aeon418 said:
It's the place of the root of the perception of separateness.
Doesn't sound so much like the heart to me.

Aeon418 said:
It's the relationship between separate things.
Sounds more like the heart to me.

Thus I have sword fighting.

AW

ravenest

"One way to interpret the "priestess" is as the Path of Gimel ..."

And in some layouts of the ToL that path goes straight through 'Da'at', so I guess that's how Aeon got AW thinking about it ???

Seems a logical connection to me ... anyway, a map to the secret temple AW? One is the EGC ceremony that you are reminded of. Do a study of the EGC temple layout geometry and things that happen in that layout (why does the priestess circle 3 1/2 times? Why are there 3 steps the Priest must take before the veil is opened? etc) Compare this geometry with psychic anatomy.
Robert Lawler - (sic?) - is a good source, cross-referencing his book on Sacred Geometry helps .... then I found the other book of his (running off faulty memory here) about Australian Aboriginals and in the section on spiritual sexuality (tantra) his diagrams of the interplay are a replication of the EGC mass temple geometry - funny that! Also Lawler translated the Schuller deLubics books into English - deLubics has massive writings on the subject (ie. temple geometry:psychic anatomy) researched from examining the (Egyptian) temple at Luxor for over 20 years.

Now that I've crossed over to Ancient Egypt :) the 'heart' Aeon mentions might not be the one we 'westerners' immediatly think of, it could relate to the concept of 'Ab'.

(Ravenest smirks to himself pondering the results of interpreting Aeon's own gnosis for him :laugh: )