The 'Shabby Chicness Lenormand' deck...is finished and available...

PathWalker

My personal preference is for the paler version :)

starlightexp

So I ask this out of curiosity so Lynn... what in a reading does the Cross stand for to you? Does your card reflect that to give yourself or the reader an indication of the meaning you are using?

LadyZelda

Choice between the 2 versions of the Cross Card

:heart: LadyZelda...Thank you so much! How sweet of you to say all those wonderful things about this deck. i do hope you will like the woman, man, and ship in this deck also. i think that i may have to have you look at the images i plan on using to make sure they are what you are talking about. i will let you know when i get to them, my friend :heart:
i am so happy because you made my day by approving of this deck and what i am trying to
say with these cards :) Each card is coming from my heart and is what i want to love and read with myself!
Thank you again for your wonderful encouragement...i may just let this deck actually get published.

You're quite welcome Tarolyn :D I could not say anything different, I just :love: the style you have chosen!

Now for the choice between the 2 versions of the Cross card:

For me, it is definitely the first version of the Cross Card that I go for :) It speaks to me so much more than the second.

I would hate to lose the "rugged" aspect of the Cross, the Mirror, the Clock, the pearls, and flower picture, as well as the tree leaves in the background... the more I look at the card and the more it comes alive for me, the more it speaks to me!

I have already written down all that this version of the Cross is telling me so far...it adds such a depth to the meaning. It is awesome what it triggers!

I hope you will keep the first version of the Cross card :) :love:

Can't wait to see the others cards! :D

MoonGypsy

i agree with Lady Zelda...i definitely prefer your first original version with the darker wooden cross, etc.:heart:

i find layers of meanings that it triggers for me...it just hits me on a much deeper level than your second version, while still keeping to the Shabby Chic theme.

One of the main things i don't care for in the new version, are the words "cross to bear"...it limits the meaning of this card for me.

tarotlyn

My personal preference is for the paler version :)
:heart: Thank you for your preference, PathWalker, it seems that the first version is getting
more 'likes' than the paler version. i could include it as a 2nd choice if enough people want it in the deck.
i really have to stop making two versions of everything :laugh:

So I ask this out of curiosity so Lynn... what in a reading does the Cross stand for to you? Does your card reflect that to give yourself or the reader an indication of the meaning you are using?
:heart: Well now, hon, let's see, a Cross is a Cross is a Cross in most other versions of the Lenormand.
Some are just a plain cross...nothing else on the card...so then it is just a picture of a cross.
Some have jewels on them...still just a picture of a cross. Some are on a hill.

Any kind of Lenormand cross, to me, would represent depression, saddness, guilt,
frustration, suffering or sickness because that is (to me) the 'basic' traditional meaning for the cross card...
although i haven't seen a Lenormand cross yet that indicates that meaning to me!

i want to add that i think the meaning of the Lenormand cross (to me) can also mean redemption at times.

RE: 'my' Shabby Chic Cross
Apparently, in the other posts (after yours), the meaning of 'my' cross IS actually coming through loud and clear
to other members... and indicating the right meanings (for them). So this is kind of a moot question at this point.

Thank you for commenting, hon, i like you because you make me look at things in a new way :heart:

ETA: :heart: starlightexpress...i have had much time to reflect on what you said in this post,
and i can now see what you were saying. So, i have finished, yet, another attempt
at the cross card (versions 4 and 5 in posts #66 and #67) and i believe that the version 5
comes up to the level that you pointed out. At least it does for me. When i look at version 5,
i see the dark side as well as the light side of 36. The CROSS card.

So, thank you, hon, for your input, as it hit a chord deep within my Soul...to make this a better deck. :heart:

When you critique me, sometimes it hits a nerve, but in the end you are so right...
i sincerely apologize, my friend :heart: and you are so welcome here anytime :love:
:heart: Lyn

You're quite welcome Tarolyn I could not say anything different, I just :love: the style you have chosen!

Now for the choice between the 2 versions of the Cross card:

For me, it is definitely the first version of the Cross Card that I go for :) It speaks to me so much more than the second.

I would hate to lose the "rugged" aspect of the Cross, the Mirror, the Clock, the pearls, and flower picture, as well as the tree leaves in the background... the more I look at the card and the more it comes alive for me, the more it speaks to me!

I have already written down all that this version of the Cross is telling me so far...it adds such a depth to the meaning. It is awesome what it triggers!

I hope you will keep the first version of the Cross card :) :love:

Can't wait to see the others cards! :D
:heart: Thank you so much for your feedback, LadyZelda, i do see the depth you are talking
about on my Cross card, now that you mentioned it...yes...and i know you have been into
reading the Lenormand decks for a long time now.
Thank you for letting me know that you 'get' my style and that my Cross speaks its meaning to you! :)
The first version will have to stay then...since it is so effective.

i agree with Lady Zelda...i definitely prefer your first original version with the darker wooden cross, etc.:heart:

i find layers of meanings that it triggers for me...it just hits me on a much deeper level than your second version, while still keeping to the Shabby Chic theme.

One of the main things i don't care for in the new version, are the words "cross to bear"...it limits the meaning of this card for me.
:heart: Sis, so happy that my Cross is giving you an indication and trigger to the meaning of the cross,
for you and that it does get you to a place where you would be able to read with the card.
:heart: Thanks sis...

:heart:@everyone:
The first version will be the final version of my Shabby Chic Cross...
Glad you all like it so much...

tarotlyn

34.fish

:heart::)...My 34.FISH card...

Note: for me, i need to have the 'fish' right in my face in the Lenormand deck :laugh:

What do you think? ...is this one good enough? Does it fit in okay with the Shabby Chic theme?

Attachments

• 34.FISH.1.jpg
    34.FISH.1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 145

starlightexp

Apparently, in the other posts (after yours), the meaning of 'my' cross IS actually coming through loud and clear
to other members... and indicating the right meanings (for them). So this is kind of a moot question at this point.

Well then I'll just leave you to it. I know I've only been reading for a few years so I don't know all the ins and outs I guess like you do. I'm sure it will be up end of the month or so on Gamectafters to take a gander.

I'll just step on out and head on back to my basement to paint.
Best of luck

tarotlyn

:heart::) Why thank you! hon, you are just too sweet to me :heart:

...but i would rather you come back and check on me now and then because i really do not know everything :p

...and because, seriously, my friend, you are such a fantastic artist and i do like your work
and i do appreciate your critiquing :):thumbsup:

i mean, i would have never realized that the water (in the bowl) in my 9. Flowers card needed shading..really.
i am just learning shading somewhat better, so you really did help me...thank you! :*

...so you are welcome here anytime :heart:

:heart: HUGS
Lyn

MoonGypsy

Wow those fish are really colorful! :D i like! :* Not positive if they fit Shabby Chic, though....i need to think about it....:love: But i really do like the image...

LadyZelda

The Fish Card

:love: I really like the bright colors of the fish and the ocean plants! :love: For the Shabby Chic, I think that the background seen through the water gives a light touch of it.

Now thinking about the meaning of the card, I would have loved to see something reminding it like a nice old treasure box, opened so you can see the gold coins, jewels, pearls and the fish swimming around and even some coming out of it....What do you think?;)