Does tarot attract any (bad) spirits?

Morwenna

Energy is energy, as my husband puts it, and whether the energy is generated by external spirits or by a flesh-and-blood person who "scatters" his/her own energy around in interacting with others or letting emotion get out of hand, it's still a good idea to watch out for getting affected by it. This is mainly why many readers (and many other people) do things to psychically shield themselves. These things can be quite widely varied, some elaborate and some extremely simple (on the surface :)). Some people don't because they're naturally shielded all the time, by native ability or through so much practice that it's become automatic. Some don't, and they should, because every little thing prostrates them.

I think that there may be "bad" spirits out there and there may not; but there definitely is energy from people who aren't in the best frame of mind, either angry, ill, upset, or criminal. And that energy can sap you, make you feel out of sorts, throw your abilities off. Readers, because they're trying to tune into the reading, all too easily can pick up on all these negative energies--not only from querents but from passersby, family members, etc.

Baroli

Umbrae said:
Well what the heck ya think's gonna happen if you roll yourself up in a giant condom and protect yourself from the universe itself - which is trying to give you the universal energy that you need! Putting yourself in that giant condom of life is nothing more than an invitation for the real dangerouscritters out there..."Ooooo a 'seal a meal" If we truly needed protection from the universe - we'd...damn...look at the teeth on tha

(Editors note: poster appears to have been eaten by a large frog like demon).

ROFLMAO!!! I am still grasping a giant condom of the Universe and "Seal a Meal." The imagery that comes to mind is staggering,.......:laugh::laugh:

To answer the question posed,.......I don't know. If spirits come they come. I don't look for them,...... don't issue an invitation,.....stuff happens.

Indigo Rose

yagger said:
Cause tarot can be very dangerous! My friend explained to me the following:

No, Tarot can't be very dangerous. However, people's attitudes toward it can be.

As for drawing negative spirits: if you allow yourself to be driven by fear you will attract fearful things into your life...and that includes negative spirits.

:heart:

faithnlight

Couldnt comment on cards attracting spirits but yes i have seen them picking on other's catches(good or bad vibrations/energies)......however i have heard many people mentioning cards being capable of picking on spirts....personally i dont think so...if they mean 'guardian angels' Iam not sure about that coz i do have a freind who claims she feels her's while reading....

Grigori

I've been throwing cards around all night trying to call up an evil spirit or two. So far with no success. :( Next time someone mentions this possibilty to you guys, could someone please say:

"Oh, that sounds so interesting, I've always wanted to do that. Can you explain how?"

})

Dancing Bear

As i said before hand , No Tarot does not invoke bad spirits unless an intent is there..

as for protection, each to their own.. anywhich way they want.
if that is what they feel they need to do..

Since i have worked with spirit on a regular basis , I have realised I am my own protection.
For those who do Protect i feel it is because they use it for a reason, and they obviously feel they need it.. regardless how fancy it all seems.

And still at times when we are dealing or come accross with a really Bad Spirit, of course i will bleedin protect myself...damn right i will..
It not often, but it still happens.

So If you are not dealing with spirit when using the Tarot < I wouldnt think you have much to worry about as far as spirit is concerned..
Its when you deal with spirit direct.. then it is another ball game.

I guess this has all been said over and over..

gregory

Yes, Bear, it has...

Goodness this thread has changed in character since I left for Canada Day…. :(

Briar Rose said:
I feel that it's all in your intentions. If you want to attract bad spirits you will, if you want to plainly see what's going on and not attract anything you will, if you want to work with the angels, you will.

It's all in your intentions.
YES !
Dancing Bear said:
But as for Tarot themselves alone inviting spirit.. It just cant happen! without Intent.
More yes !
214red said:
i do think that if you dont have to protect yourself and/or ground yourself, then likely you are not that sensitive/open. if you were you would need to protect yourself.
OK – so as I don’t tap into anything or invoke anything – my readings aren’t as good as they might be ? OK….. I can SO buy that ;) but I HAVE picked up on spirits in scary places at times….. so it isn’t as if I am totally non-receptive. If the tarot cards “did it themselves” I feel sure they would have gone for me……
214red said:
nisaba said:
Or you are permanently protected anyway and don't need to do anything extra.

nope, because everything wears down, like wearing a coat everyday for years, one day it will wear down and then breakdown
I cannot buy into this. Even if we did need protecting, which I don’t actually believe, I feel sure that if it happens as a permanent thing for whatever reason, it would stay stuck.
le fey said:
Unless it's more like skin than a coat you take on and off, and it renews itself wthout conscious effort. (The skin I have now isn't what I was born with, but my having skin is - I hope - a permanent feature of being alive)
Exactly.

Alta said:
It is quite clear from long reading here that many do invoke spirits when reading, I do occasionally myself. There is no point in taking the stance that what I do is what everyone does though.

But, does tarot *attract* bad spirits? My experience is no, it doesn't. I speculate that in using something like Ouija board, you are in effect always invoking spirits. Tarot is a much more meditative process, more inner and imo does not automatically invoke anything, that is the choice of the reader. And maybe sometimes the querent, who may bring a little something extra to the table, so to speak.

Alta
IndigoRose said:
No, Tarot can't be very dangerous. However, people's attitudes toward it can be.

As for drawing negative spirits: if you allow yourself to be driven by fear you will attract fearful things into your life...and that includes negative spirits.

As so often in life, Alta and IndigoRose (thank goodness you are back !!!) speak reason, by my lights. My view – for what it’s worth, and I realise that isn’t a lot, just as most views here aren’t worth any more or less than anyone else’s - is that unless you deliberately invoke something, it is in the cards themselves (and of course within the reader) that the work is done. Some people ask spirits of one sort or another to help. Fair enough. And I suppose if you invoke a nasty on purpose, other nasties may follow (I have yet to hear of anyone appealing to angels who complained that too many showed up, but I suppose there’s always a first time. :D) But whether the cards can bring something down on you – by themselves, no. I’d say yagger’s friend belongs squarely among those who think that the cards are the work of the devil and that’s all there is to it. That it is their holy duty to save us from our wicked practices. We’ve seen people discuss such individuals on this forum a million times.

The invoking of spirits is a whole different thing and nothing to do with tarot as such. Your own fears can make you feel all sorts of things – whether these are anything to do with spirits or just your own fears is a very moot point. I doubt if it is an evil spirit that makes me freeze around dogs, heights and daddylonglegses…… I think it is something in me and my experiences of life. But if I said the words that should summon some demon or other whatever happened next would be down to that – and not to the devil card on the table in front of me.

Oops, here comes the frog dem……. :bugeyed:

Aerin

what gregory said..

I don't believe that I'm summoning anything when I use Tarot cards and I'm fine with that. Someone else might and that's their thing not mine.

I won't use an ouija board because I feel uncomfortable about it (due to the whole summoning sprit deal) and I believe that if you feel uncomfortable about something in a particular way it won't be good for you. (There's a helpful and unhelpful challenge and sometimes you just KNOW the difference.) Whether there is anything in your fear or not. For the same reason I wouldn't ever use a pendulum for dowsing spirits: I know what my imagination is like and the tricks it gets up to with or without that kind of "help". My dressing gown hung on the back of the door at night for example ESPECIALLY when I've just read MR James http://gaslight.mtroyal.ca/owhistle.htm

So:

don't believe everything you hear from other people

and

if YOU think it is wrong for YOU then don't do it.

Aerin x

ps don't cats sometimes attack frogs? ;)

faithnlight

If at all, I personally feel the cards may pick on others energies…nothing more or less…
About attracting spirits LOL! Iam wondering how this really came about in the first place…What stirred up such a talk? It couldn’t have come out of vacuum? Iam not saying cards attract spirits but iam really pondering why do people hold this so strongly? Iam saying this coz I did experience a few things I wouldn’t consider a usual occurrence but that has been/can be rationalized….i might be digressing a little bit…but do you also hear cards talking to you at times?? Does this happen with any of you?....i feel so very strongly at times but then I dismiss the whole thing …I dunno I am zonked…
:) I just enjoy my readings…don give all this much thought…
By the way I do have a friend who is a psychic who claims she has dealt with spirits and says its hard to drive them away once they are around….she practices cards too…and often asks me to put myself in a protective bubble, just to shield against any bad energies…

Tanu

tartanwolf

Yes i have had strange things happen, not bad things, just strange happenings that could be put down to spirits when reading the cards. It doesnt bother me, and I dont invoke any spirits when reading.