Does tarot attract any (bad) spirits?

Grizabella

The only time I was ever around a Ouija board was when I was a really little girl and my aunt had one. She showed me that it worked for her and said it would work for me, too, but it didn't. I don't know why it didn't. Probably for the best it didn't, though, I have to say. I've never been around any since but I do know from hearing from a lot of other people that you do open a door to the spirit world with them. And there were tons of creepy things that went on with my aunt after that, including spirits in her house. With Tarot cards, you don't just automatically have that link, although I know you can purposely use them that way if you want to.

sillyking

Hi just thought I would put my two cents in. I really don't think that the cards bring anything bad or attract anything bad. What I notice for me though is after a reading I'm always very sensitive to the energy around me. This being said should I not want to feel certain things or even hear certain things I just ask nothing "bad" to come near me. That always works for me. I hope I helped. in anyway.

214red

if you beleive or ask (or even set your intent) to ask spirits/angels/guardians/doorkeepers for guidence when reading tarot then yes you are opening yourself up to spirits good and bad, and you should understand what your letting yourself in for. If this is the case your using it the same way as a ouiji board

I personally dont open up when reading cards, as i dont ask spirit for help reading. When i open up i make sure i am protected (actually i protect and fround each morning and each evening).

dont fear your cards, just understand what your doing! if your simply using the cards 'intuitively' then just have fun

SkadisPhoenix

214red said:
if you beleive or ask (or even set your intent) to ask spirits/angels/guardians/doorkeepers for guidence when reading tarot then yes you are opening yourself up to spirits good and bad, and you should understand what your letting yourself in for. If this is the case your using it the same way as a ouiji board

I personally dont open up when reading cards, as i dont ask spirit for help reading. When i open up i make sure i am protected (actually i protect and fround each morning and each evening).

dont fear your cards, just understand what your doing! if your simply using the cards 'intuitively' then just have fun

I've been reading this thread since the start, and struggled to word what I believe, and you've nailed it on the head! I also strongly believe that bad spirits are drawn to certain people, whether they realise it or not, and whether it's obvious, whether it's just bad luck (in my case, unfortunately), or influencing the way that the person acts (though they won't realise it either).

This is part of life, and as 214red says, make sure that you are protected, and that you respect the energies and spirits that come your way if you open up to them during tarot reading. :)

yagger

now i wonder, if you don't open up for spirits or whatever there is when drawing cards, does it mean all energy comes from within yourself. So we have that energy and power in ourselves without connecting to anything or anywhere else to draw the cards that should answer our questions?

SkadisPhoenix

I believe so, yes. :)

gregory

I'd say to the original question - cobblers. :D

It is about as likely as the idea that reading murder novels will lead you to commit murder.....

Then again, if that worked, I might recommend a few suicide novels to a few politicians I can think of..... })

Basic Elements

yagger said:
now i wonder, if you don't open up for spirits or whatever there is when drawing cards, does it mean all energy comes from within yourself. So we have that energy and power in ourselves without connecting to anything or anywhere else to draw the cards that should answer our questions?

We don't have energy...we ARE energy. Everything is energy. Or maybe it would be more appropriate to say, Energy IS. It is simply being receptive to this idea, and the subsequent implications that allow you to direct and transmute energy by the force of your WILL.

Storm82

short answer: No, tarot doesnt attract bad spirits

WinterRose

SkadisPhoenix said:
I've been reading this thread since the start, and struggled to word what I believe, and you've nailed it on the head! I also strongly believe that bad spirits are drawn to certain people, whether they realise it or not, and whether it's obvious, whether it's just bad luck (in my case, unfortunately), or influencing the way that the person acts (though they won't realise it either).

This is part of life, and as 214red says, make sure that you are protected, and that you respect the energies and spirits that come your way if you open up to them during tarot reading. :)

I agree with that to some degree. As a clairsentient, I'm one of the ones that tends to attract spirits (they can sense sensitives and tend to clamour around that person to get attention) but I have a range of different protections around me to prevent the negative ones from affecting me. The strongest of those protections are my Guardian Spirits. Before using anything that opens myself up even slightly (even meditating), I raise my barriers (which are more filters than barriers, really - they let the good stuff in, but keep the bad stuff out) and call on my Guardian Spirits to help protect me.

Put simply - Because I'm a sensitive, I'm more aware of the movements and energies of spirits and energies around me, and because of that, I've learnt to protect myself, like red, every day, and to increase that protection whenever I meditate or do Tarot. If I do do anything that requires opening up to the spirit world (I have been involved in quite a few exorcisms, for example) then I do what I refer to as a 'controlled open'. It's impossible to explain, but it's like... opening the outer door, but leaving the glass inner door in place - you can see through it, but nothing can get in. Using the same analogy, my spirit guides also act like guard dogs!