Does tarot attract any (bad) spirits?

Mojo Twin 2

Well, I had to chime in.

I have mixed reactions to the concepts of Energy. It's like the Buddhist concept of God where S/He just isn't that applicable to the world we live in and dealing with suffering and pain. Energy is what it is. It's all around us in infinite combinations, good, bad, or indifferent.

Where you put your attention is where you draw experiences from. I could sit here and worry my booty off about bad spirits whirling all around me and threatening me and worrying about how I can protect myself from the darkness. But I have to wonder what I would draw if I spent so much time and emotional energy on that.

I really just focus on the good. I know that bad stuff is all around us. Call me a Pollyanna, but my life is so much richer, and the people around me are so much richer, because I see the good in everyone and wish nothing but well being on everyone, skillful and unskillful.

214red

You see light because of the dark ....
I believe that every thing is light and dark, yin and yang, masculine and feminine,night and day. Both have exist to support eachother, it's all about balance for me

nisaba

214red said:
You see light because of the dark ....
In one of Tarry Pratchett's later books (can't remember just now which one, sorry, but I'm sure people will chime in and tell us) a character is talking about light and darkness, and how there must be a third thing, a kind of meta-light, because without it, how would we even be able to see hte darkness at all?

Food for thought ...

(If you really think about it, it can bend your head out of shape).

Briar Rose

I feel that it's all in your intentions. If you want to attract bad spirits you will, if you want to plainly see what's going on and not attract anything you will, if you want to work with the angels, you will.

It's all in your intentions.

Psy

The crowned one said:
If you believe in these sort of things...If a board with letters and a few words posted on it can, sure why not a pack of cards, or a roll of toilet paper for that matter? I think it comes down to intent, not the item. Are tarot cards a common tool for attracting spirits? no more then monopoly is. Any reading I have done on spirit contact seems to involve the self first, rather then the surroundings as key. For example I am standing beside a ghost. I can not see it because I am closed to it, the self lacks the ability. My partner does because she is open to it, through the self, not the spirit.

Hey, dont understimate the power of monopoly and toilet paper!!!
One of them deals with greedy people trying to make the others bunkrupt, so that ammount of negative energy is SURE to attract evil spirits!

And toilet paper, well, here we have a tool that surely roams in VERY DARK PLACES XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, i dont even believe in spirits, let alone bad ones, let alone tarot cards being a summoning machine...

Taamar

Psy said:
And toilet paper, well, here we have a tool that surely roams in VERY DARK PLACES XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speak for yourself, it's been so long since my undercarriage saw sunlight it's surely white as snow!

In my mind the cards have a potential because they tap so readily into our 'selves', but that without the intent to invite there's not a whole lot of spirit activity that's going to happen.

214red

nisaba said:
In one of Tarry Pratchett's later books (can't remember just now which one, sorry, but I'm sure people will chime in and tell us) a character is talking about light and darkness, and how there must be a third thing, a kind of meta-light, because without it, how would we even be able to see hte darkness at all?

Food for thought ...

(If you really think about it, it can bend your head out of shape).

yes i dont doubt things arent that polorised as black and white, all i know is what is that i dont know everything!
I would hate to think of the world purely of light, too sickening, i like a bit of dark too...makes things fun!

shadowyi

Despite everyone's beliefs to the contrary, I'm slightly perturbed at what just happened though. I believe that tarot cards help us better understand ourselves and our lives, as well as most of the viewpoints echoed here. However, bear with me..

I use the Clow cards as my tarot deck, and when I pulled them out for a quick reading just now, I noticed one of them was bent in multiple places. Now, let me preface this with I am very careful with all my cards, all of them are in pristine condition except this one. The one bent is incidentally, the "shield". The most literal meaning of the shield means its protecting something very precious. This card may have been injured in the line of duty? Protecting me from something? Or I'm thinking way too much?

Please excuse my superstitious rambling, but I do a skittering of unease across my back. The logical explanation would be that I dropped the card and bent it without realizing, but I can say for a surety that this never happened..

Dancing Bear

yagger said:
Lately i got interested in tarot cards because i met a bunch of new friends that practice tarot. So I bought a rider waite deck for myself and started playing with it too.

But now one of my friends that apparently retired from using tarot, tells me I'd better not touch tarot again. Cause tarot can be very dangerous! My friend explained to me the following:

"Doing tarot can screw up other people's destiny or that of yourself. Since bad spirits can be around you during the devination and make you draw ominous cards. Especially when you don't channel your energy properly, bad spirits will be attracted to you. After drawing the ominous cards, the spirits will actually want to make the cards come true as well! Even if you asked things for someone that is not present during the devination, bad spirits can be sent to that person to screw up his destiny that wasn't supposed to be like that.."

That sounds pretty severe. How much of it do you think is true?

I think none of its true .. for the normal reader who heart sits in the right place, and they are grounded.

Depends on the intent of the reader as you do get some with questionable characters.. with the exception of our ATers of course :D
I doubt very much a spirit can manipulate our lives to the extent of changing course of our lives.. we still have free will regardless. what spirit or the Tarot say..
We are not under the influence of anything , other than what we choose.

Dancing Bear

yagger said:
now i wonder, if you don't open up for spirits or whatever there is when drawing cards, does it mean all energy comes from within yourself. So we have that energy and power in ourselves without connecting to anything or anywhere else to draw the cards that should answer our questions?
I htink you are on the right sort of track here , with a bit of a tweak here and there.. but basically "Absolutely".

I honestly believe that the energy comes from within , rather than outside of us. we read the cards that are presented , in accordance to the question at hand, Or how the images that lay before us speak to us personally.. I feel our own psychic abilities kick in. whether we believe we have them or not.. I believe we all have it. psychic abilities do not have to be ground shaking.. they are subtle little "Just know" moments. some not so subtle, but they are a different story..
as for spirit with cards.. well yes you can ask. but i still believe it is our inner knowing that truly comes up with it all.. it is rare even for me as a Medium to get spirit to be able to manipulate the cards.. In fact i have experimented and not once has it been able to be done. I can connect to spirit and they can help me interpret the cards.. but they cannot manipulate what cards, that are drawn.Unless I channel and then it is still random as if i were shuffling. they still cannot individually manipulate the cards that come out.... Not that i know of anyway, and i do question everything and I push everything (and everyone) LOL! to its limits. I think the tarot have a magic all of their own,

I have worked with spirit for some time.. and been able to see spirit for longer..
yes there is bad out there.. but keeping grounded, practical and real about it all..is your protection. If you have any sort of fear..Just dont go there!! If you dont mind the challenge to face your fears.. and you "Know" You are protected by being completely grounded and by your Guide, Go for it!

But as for Tarot themselves alone inviting spirit.. It just cant happen! without Intent.